22 - Confession

"Guys, let's have some fun tonight." Yuna placed the Aftershock bucket at the center of the table.

Heejin picked up a shot glass from the bucket and realized what was brought to them. "Wow, Yuna. You wanna get smashed up tonight?"

"Well, it's not every day we get to see each other like this, you know."

"But you're still driving home, aren't you?"

"I changed my mind. I'll be getting a room here for tonight."

"Yeah, you better. I don't want drunk-driving accidents happening anymore," said Heejin, raising an eyebrow.

Yuna burst into a loud guffaw. She high-fived Heejin. "That's my girl!"

"Jeez. You guys are bullying me," said Ryujin as she sits beside Yeji.

"Are you going to drink too?" Yuna asked Yeji, handling a shot glass to Ryujin.

Yeji smiled sheepishly. "I have low alcohol tolerance. I don't want Ryujin carrying me back to our room later."

"Come one. Let's all get wasted tonight." Yuna raised another shot glass for Yeji to take.

"Nah. Let's not force her to drink," said Ryujin. "Remember the last time she got drunk? She couldn't walk on her own because her legs were numb. The next morning, she can't remember a thing that happened."

"Yeah. Let Yeji pass for now so she could carry Ryujin back to their room," said Soobin, laughing.

Yeji pulled Ryujin by her arm. "Soobin has a point. If Ryujin is planning to drink, I might as well watch over her later."

Yuna's eyebrows rose. "Ooh. That's so sweet of you, Yeji." She winked at Ryujin.

Ryujin knew what it meant. She turned to Yeji when the latter tapped her arm. "Hmm?"

Yeji leaned closer and lowered her voice, "What took you so long?"

This is one of those moments when Ryujin feels like they aren't pretending. "Sorry. Yuna and I had a short talk."

"Just don't leave me again like that. Take me with you then," said Yeji, unaware that she's jutting her lower lip out.

Ryujin knew that this is a good sign for her confession later. Who knows, Yeji might say yes to her.

---

They finally decided to call it a night after two hours.

"So... we had a blast, guys..." said Yuna, trying hard to get up from her chair. She walked towards Ryujin and Yeji to give both a hug. "I totally enjoyed tonight."

"Where are you going?" asked Yeji.

"I need to go ahead. I gotta book a room..." Yuna walked towards Heejin and Soobin this time, struggling to maintain her balance.

"You're gonna... book... a room? Can you... even walk... without stumbling?" said Ryujin, still trying to act cool even if she's wasted as Yuna. She knows she got it bad because the room won't stop spinning.

"How about you, how are you feeling now?" asked Yeji, leaning closer to Ryujin, trying to get a view of her face.

"I'm so dizzy, baby. Ugh. I feel nauseous..." Ryujin leaned down on the table, resting her head against her arms.

"Let's get back to our room then." Yeji ruffled Ryujin's hair. "Can you even walk?"

"Give me a few more minutes to rest... I'm so dizzy..."

"Happy birthday, heeki..." Yuna went to hug Heejin and Soobin. "I had a great night..."

"Thanks. You think you can book a room yourself?" asked Heejin who's slightly drunk too.