𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 68

"God, just pick up your damn phone!" I yell, hearing Axton's voicemail for the fifth time in a row

Fuck it. 

I grab my keys and walk out of our condo, locking the door. Where the hell would he be? My shaky feet take me to the elevator, I quickly get in and hit the first floor. Think Sophia, think! Where could he be? He's angry, possibly sad, where the hell would he go? As if the elevator can read my mind, it opens as soon as the answer comes into my mind. 

The library. 

Of course, he's there. I wipe the few tears that just dropped down my face and rush to the garage. I get into my car and drive out the garage and onto the dark streets of New York. Axton isn't sad about this baby, he's scared. I just have to reassure him that he'll be a great dad and nothing like Denzell. 

---

I quickly insert my birthday into the security system and walk into the house. An entire house filled of books,  he's crazy. 

"Axton!" I call him but my echo is the only thing I get in response. 

"I know you're in here!" I yell, well half yell, I'm exhausted. I search the first floor but I don't find him anywhere, I head up the staircase and when I turn to the left, there he is, reading The Great Gatsby. Of course, he is.  It's always been his first pick when we did reading dates. 

"Axton." I fold my arms over my chest, hoping he'll take his eyes off the damn book and look at me. 

"Sophia." he says in a flat tone. This asshole. 

"Axton we need to talk about this, you can't just walk away from the situation." I mumble and he closes the book and rests it on the chair, getting up. 

"Watch me," he says as he walks past me and down the staircase. 

"Axton you take one more step and we're done," I say, tears rolling down my cheeks, I'm bluffing but he doesn't need to know that. Although the next words are nothing but the truth. 

"I get that this isn't the best timing, but I'm going to love this baby with everything I have, even if it's not you. I'm not giving this baby up!" I tell him and he turns around and looks at me. 

"It starts with no date nights," he says, still glued in the same spot. 

"Then, all the free time you have is gonna go towards it." It? This mother- 

"It'll go everywhere with us! Grocery shopping, shopping at the mall! business trips! Everywhere." 

"Once it's born, we'll stop having sex too!" he yells and I lean against the railing, is this man serious?

"Yes, I'm serious! Don't give me that look Sophia!" he says and I really wanna laugh. 

"It'll drift us apart. It happened with your parents and even mines," he mumbles and I frown.