54. house tour

Chapter 54

Oriya Deronte

Vincent stands behind me, touching me every chance he gets as I hook the earring on. His hands wrap around me like a snake and he rests his cheek on my shoulder. He slips his hand down his shirt and brings his lego piece out to connect it with mine.

"I should gorilla glue this together. You can literally never leave me." He laughs at his own joke. Dork.

I yank my necklace away from him before he actually goes through with his idea. Vince drops his jaw at my action and scowls at me. I send him a sweet smile and kiss his cheek before turning back to the mirror.

"Oriya." He huffs.

"Vincent." I mock him. I know what he wants but it's fun to mess with him.

I can see him scowling and frowning at me from the reflection on the mirror. I purse my lips to conceal the laugh daring to push past my lips but it breaks out anyway. "You're such a baby." I said, turning around.

Vincent points to his lips, "Give me a proper one, witch." He grumbles, pulling me closer to rest his hands on my ass. My hands rest on his chest and he brings one hand to my face, moving the strand of hair.

I give him a little peck on the lips which I assume he doesn't approve of as he pulls me in for another one, with his hand loosely wrapped around my throat. I pull back from him to see the bastard looking content with himself.

"You're so damn perfect." He said, looking between both my eyes. "So pretty."

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow. He was being nice. It was weird.

"No." He shakes his head.

There's the Vincent I know. I took his hands off my waist as I started walking to the door. I didn't really care that he said that. I just wanted to be dramatic. He gave me enough attention but whatever.

He chuckled and pulled me back to him, my back to his chest. He dips his head down to my shoulder and places soft kisses from there to my collarbone and my neck. "I was only kidding." He says spinning me around to face him again.

"Whatever. We have to go now." I roll my eyes.

I haven't told him where we're going because I know he will refuse if I do. Triple dates were definitely not his thing. "Can you tell me where we're going?" He asks, walking us out the door with his hand on the small of my back.

"You'll find out." I said.

I could hear his footsteps behind me as we walked down the hall but he suddenly halted. I turn around to check on him. He was planted in front of a door, slightly cracked open. I lean back to see what he's looking at.

It was a large picture of him and his mother. He couldn't have been older than 3 in this. I hate that he has to go through something like this. My eyes sting but I blink the tears away. I turned to Vincent. His face was painted with a looming cloud of sadness and I fucking hated it.

I really need to find out where Leo is. He's dead the second I do.

"Vince?" I said softly, snapping him out of his daze.

He blinks as he comes back to reality. We meet eyes and he takes a deep breath in, "Yeah?"

"Are you okay? We don't have to go." I told him.

He shakes his head, "I'll be fine." He smiles, "I have you."

***

Vincent stares at the fork, debating on stabbing it into his eye as the chatter of the people around us bounce from the walls. His shoulders slump and he turns to me. His eyes beg for us to leave but I fight back.