𝟐𝟔

"You wanna help me cook, I just have the baked potatoes left to do

"You wanna help me cook, I just have the baked potatoes left to do." She asked.

"Yea sure." I smiled following her to the kitchen washing my hands.

"Paper towels are right there." She said and I looked to the right grabbing me some.

"So how have you been?" She asked me. "How's your mental?" She asked as she preheated the oven.

"To be honest, not so good." I mumbled helping her with the potatoes.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Real question is what's not wrong." I mumbled and she stopped doing what she was doing which made me stop.

"I know exactly how you feel." She said. "It's not easy at all feeling like that and then sometimes you'll just feel lost like you don't even know who you are anymore." She said.

"My thoughts exactly, but I been going to therapy and trying to acknowledge a lot of stuff I looked passed." I said.

"Therapy is good and all but you have to remember that only you can help yourself. Nobody knows you or understands you better than yourself I don't care what anyone says." She said.

"Therapy is going work but only if you let it and only if you believe that you're going to overcome what you're going through. If you want something to happen you have to speak i- speak it into existence." I finished the saying.

"I remember you said that in one of the videos." I said and she smiled. "I been saying that affirmation every morning too and every since I think things are getting better." I said.

"Really? Which one?" She asked as I helped her with the potatoes.

"The self love one." I answered.

"That's my favorite one. You know writing in a journal can help too. Like let's just say you're holding a lot in and it's constantly eating you up but you don't want to tell anyone, write it all down and you'll be letting it out." She explained.

"I can tell your heart is pure and it hurts you that people have put you through so much." She said, I didn't even tell her what all happened to me so it's amazing that she can already tell.