28 - Fast

Yeji is lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, fiddling with her hands on her tummy. What Yeri told her earlier made her anxious.

"It's your entire fault, Ryujin!" she screamed in their empty house while punching through the air. "You've just turned Yeri to be your newest fangirl because you're so flirty! Ugh! Stupid, Ryujin! Stupid!"

Yeji turned aside to check on her phone. "Why isn't she texting me? Is she busy? Doesn't she miss talking to me?"

She groped for a pillow and hid her head under it.

Yes. She's going crazy now.

---

The next day, Yeji found Yeri already in the office when she got in. She can't deny that this intern is good. Her chances of passing are high.

"Hi there," said Yeji, turning on her PC.

"Morning, Ms. Yeji."

"Wow. Are you partying later?" asked Yeji, noticing makeup on the intern's face that she has not been doing in the past few days.

"Not really." Yeri smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I just want to feel pretty today."

"You are always pretty, dear."

"Thanks."

Yeji grabbed a wet tissue and poured rubbing alcohol on it.

"Umm. Ms. Yeji, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm?" Yeji started cleaning her table with the wet tissue.

"By any chance, are you close friends with Ryujin?"

Yeji's hand stopped. "W-we're friends, why?"

"I just want to know if she has a boyfriend or a girlfriend."

"The last time I checked, she's single." Yeji resumed cleaning her table. "But I'm not sure anymore. In case you're not aware, many women are just throwing themselves at her."

"Oh. is that so..."

"You really like her?" Yeji asked to reassure, hoping that the answer would change.

Yeri nodded. "How about you, don't you think she's cute?"

"Uh. Well. She is charming, yes."

"So, you like her too?"

"Umm..."

"Ms. Yeji..."

"Yes?"

"You're blushing." Yeri giggled.

"Am I?" Yeji's initial instinct told her to look around to see if Lia is already there. "You're a crazy kid. I just easily blush when asked about things like that."

"So, you like Ryujin?"

"All the girls here in the office like her, Yeri. What you're feeling now is normal," said Yeji, dumping the used tissue in the trash bin below her table.

"All the girls? Including you?"

Yeji glared at Yeri. "Do you want me to fail you in your training?"

Yeri raised her hands to surrender. "I'm just asking you."

"Why do you want to know that, anyway?"

"It's because I like her a lot, and I'm planning to confess soon."

Yeji's eyes almost popped out of their sockets. "What? Confess right away? You just met her yesterday, right? And does your confession have anything to do with me?"