043

MINNIE VS

MINNIE VS. THE TOAD-043

"Hello, Diana," A voice said dreamily as the blonde walked into the forbidden forest the morning before breakfast.

Diana looked up and saw Luna standing, barefoot in the middle of the forest. "Hi, Luna. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm good," Luna said, reaching out her hand and patting the air.

"Luna, why are you petting the air?" Diana asked, frowning.

Luna shook her head, smiling. "I'm not. C'mere," The fellow blonde gently grabbed Diana's waist and placed it on the spot her own hand was before. "It's a Thestral,"

"A Thestral?" Diana gently patted the invisible creature.

"They are winged skeleton horses. They pull the carriages." Luna answered.

Diana furrowed her brows. "Why can't I see them and you can?"

"The only people who can see thestrals, are people who have seen death."

"You seen death?"

Luna didn't answer and glanced behind her. "Hello, Harry Potter,"

Harry came up behind them and glanced down at Luna's barefoot. "Your feet. Aren't they cold?"

"Bit. Unfortunately, all my shoes have mysteriously disappeared."

Diana glanced at the younger girl. "You can borrow some of my shoes, Luna,"

Luna smiled softly at her. "Thank you, Diana. Though I suspect Nargles are behind it." 

Diana let her hand fall when she couldn't feel the horse anymore. The trio started walking slowly through the woods, Harry slipped his hand into Diana's.

"What are they?" Harry asked, looking at the creatures.

"They're called Thestrals. They're quite gentle, really, but people avoid them because they're a bit. . ." Luna answered as they stopped.

"Different," Harry replied.

Diana bet the horses are beautiful and wonderful creatures, but she doesn't wish to see them. She doesn't want to see anyone die, though one day she knows she will.

"But why can't the others see them?" The boy asked.

"As I told Diana, they can only be seen by people who've seen death."