40 - Lunch

It was Friday noon. Yeji, Lia, and Felix were going down for lunch.

"Ms. Yeji." The male security guard approached as they were heading to the elevator area. "I was about to call you. A visitor of yours just came in."

Not expecting anyone to visit her, Yeji whipped her head to the reception area only to see Yeonjun sitting there, smiling at her.

"What is he doing here?" Yeji gritted her teeth.

"What's the matter?" asked Lia, noticing her friend's turmoil. She followed Yeji's line of sight and saw a slender guy already approaching them.

"Hey..." he said.

"Oh. M gosh, a hottie," Felix whispered.

Yeji elbowed Felix subtly. "Yeonjun, it's a surprise to see you here."

"Sorry for coming here unannounced." He scratched his nape. "I had a meeting just around the corner and thought of inviting you out for lunch."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lia." Lia stretched her hand out for a shake. "And this is Felix. We're Yeji's most trusted friends."

"Yeonjun," said Yeonjun. "Nice to meet you."

Yeji massaged her temples.

"Pleasure's all ours." Felix shook Yeonjun's hand. "Didn't know Yeji here is keeping a friend like you from us, huh?"

Yeonjun chuckled.

Yeji had an eerie feeling she needed to flee the area soon. She turned to her colleagues.

"So, um, I can't join you guys for lunch. I'll see you later then."

"Why don't we all go together?" suggested Yeonjun. "It'll be unkind for me to steal you away from your friends when you guys had already planned something."

"Yeah. We should go altogether. The more the merrier, right?" said Lia. "Don't worry. We won't disturb your little date."

Yeji glared at Lia before turning to Yeonjun. "Are you sure you're comfortable with that?"

"Yeah. Don't worry. It seems you have cool friends here."

Felix playfully hit Yeonjun's arm. "I like him, Yeji. I like him."

Yeji massaged her head again, already regretting she told Yeonjun where she's working. She looked around the area to make sure that a certain individual isn't passing by at the moment.

"Okay. Let's go."

Yeji pushed the elevator button and felt relieved when the lift opened. She hurried inside, making sure to close the doors right away.

"Hold it! Hold it!" Yeri was hurrying to catch the elevator, putting her hand out to stop the doors.

Yeji felt cascades of ice-cold water being poured over her when Ryujin and Taeyong followed Yeri in.

Then the elevator door closed.

"Ryujin!" Felix exclaimed. "I thought you guys are staying in the pantry?"

Ryujin turned around. "Yeri changed her mind for the fifth time and decided to go down instead." Then she noticed Yeji. "Oh. Hey."

"Hey." Yeji waved a little.

"Oh. have you met Yeji's friend?" said Lia. "He's joining us for lunch. You guys should join us too."

Yeji felt like she wanted to disappear from where she's standing when Ryujin turned to look at Yeonjun.

"Hi, I'm Yeonjun." He offered his hand.

Ryujin shook his hand. "Ryujin."

Yeji closed her eyes and slumped against the wall as Yeri and Taeyong introduced themselves and agreed to join in for lunch.