32. for him

Sierra

Sierra

The sun shines brightly through my closed off windows and I still stare at the I love you wrinkled piece of paper on my bedside table. It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday and I only got up to brush my teeth and to wash my face.

It's been a couple days. Championships are right around the corner and coach has been putting in afternoon practices every day till six. I get up to open my blinds and my phone starts to ring. After closing up the blinds, I quickly stride on over to my bed and plopped down to see who it was.

Kaydon.

I hesitate on answering, but I suck it up and pressed answer. His morning hair makes its way on my screen and I can't help but laugh as he lays on his stomach with only the top of his head to the camera. "Hey, Kay." I say and he immediately looks up to meet my eyes through the camera . His eyes have a flash of relief and he cracks a lopsided grin.

"Hey, Si. Told you it wasn't goodbye," he leans on his right palm and I can see that he's wearing a black dress shirt with only the too few buttons unbuttoned. His sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and he fixes his hair as I continue to gaze over his face. "Done staring?" I bet my ears are red at tips right now.

I roll my eyes, "Sure. Anyway, how's life going back there?" My heart still aches about the thought of him all the way there and not with us. He won't be back to see our championship game. He sighs and runs a hand down his face.

"Harry is making me go to all of these conferences about football and shit," he sits up and leans back against his headboard. "I have to dress formally and talk to all of these scouts for hours." his lips form a frown and I can see the visible exhaustion in his face.

Even though its been a couple days, Harry doesn't give a shit about that. He'll make him go to every meeting if possible. Hell, he'll make Kaydon play football in dress pants and shirt. There's no such thing as breaks when it comes to Harry. Breaks are for the weak, he used to say.

I nod slowly, understanding his frustration. "I'm sorry. I wish things could he different, you know?" he looks deep in thought and I fiddle with the drawstrings on my shorts.

"How's the group?" he asks, breaking the silence. I smile to myself as I remember yesterday when Blake yelled at our APUSH teacher for yelling at me because I didn't answer a question. Blake basically went up to his desk and went all crazy.

I retell the story to Kaydon and he laughs, a real one. I hadn't heard that in a while.

"He's fucking crazy," he mutters with a grin and I agree. Both Blake and our APUSH teacher.

Kaydon scoots up on his bed and he messes with his hair. My hands urge to run through his brown locks and I stop myself from smiling.

"I wish you were here," I whisper and his eyes twinkle with guilt. "It's not your fault."