CHAPTER 3

"Albedo..."

The blonde looked at him confused.
"Yes that's me, do you need anything?"

Venti saw his string and became a little upset.

"Hey Albedo! Who do we have here?" a voice said.
"Oh Kaeya, I'm not sure, he just so happened to call my name," Albedo explained.

"Oh I see," Kaeya understood.
"So what is it that you need from my boyfriend?" Kaeya smiled.

Venti looked at him with sadness in his eyes,
"O-oh, uhm, i-its nothing, your boyfriend l-looks like someone I know!" he stuttered.

The couple looks at him suspiciously.
"Bu-,"
"Oh well you look at the time, I gotta go!" Venti rushed as he quickly ran away from the two.

Venti quickly arrived to his next period, more earlier than usual.

Venti waited a few minutes till class started.

"Okay class, today were going to be learning about the seven archons," Jean announced.
"First is Barbatos, the anemo archon," she introduced.

Venti perked his head up hearing his name.

She started talking about Barbatos's history, what he did. Venti didn't seem to bother listening since she was basically talking about him.

After the Barbatos explanation, she went on about the other six archons.

"Okay class, we'll be having a 3 group project, I'll be assigning your groups,"

Groups:
Keqing, Ganyu, Hu Tao
Venti, Xiao, Zhongli
Yanfei, Xinyan, Yoimiya
Bennet, Razor, Fischl
Chongyun, Xingqiu, Sucrose

(This was thought at random)

"So, for this project, you'll be having to study all about one of the 7 archons," Jean explains.

The rest goes on and on, till the bell rings..

Venti was walking back to his home, Xiao and Hu Tao had already gone. He arrived back at Aether's & Lumine's place.

"Hey Venti! Welcome back!" Both twins greeted.
"Hey.." Venti said with a rather unconvincing smile.
The two look at him with worry.

"Are you okay Venti?" Aether asked.
"Its about.. Albedo," Venti admitted.

Aether suddenly stopped his movements.
"He's with him again isn't he," Aether chuckled sadly. Venti nods.

"Its fine Venti, there's no need to feel bad for me, after all they're soulmates, of course they belong with each other," Aether cheered up Venti. But that didn't change to atmosphere one bit, it only made it sadder.

Lumine was also sad, she was oblivious on how to cheer her brother from his unrequited love. For she had never been in love herself.

Lumine and Aether weren't from Teyvat, they never had strings, they never were destined a soulmate. They also could see the strings.

But Aether found his first love. It was love at first sight. But he knew his love could never be returned. For Kaeya, was Albedo's destined partner.

Venti could see that Aether was about to cry. He tried to stay strong. Venti admired that. But he didn't want for Aether to go through the pain again although he just moved on.

"Hey... it's okay, you can cry... there's no need to hold back," Venti hugged Aether as he cried. Venti's clothes were getting soaked. Lumine had joined into the hug. This was the first time Venti has seen Aether cry in years. It was him that was the one sulking to Aether.

It was a sad moment. Where love only gave pain. Where one wished.. that soulmates never existed.

END OF CHAPTER 3

Ahhh yes, Angst, my favorite :)

-0sManthUsWiN3

Published 10-15-2021

551 words