epilogue

Sierra

Sierra

It's been over a month now and I've never been happier. No, seriously my cheeks hurt from smiling every day.

The harsh Florida sun is beating down on us as the girls and I sprawl out on the bleachers outside with our backpacks, textbooks, and papers. Finals week is almost here and that means Christmas break. The boys and some others are currently practicing for tryouts for varsity football later this week.

Parker is laying down on her stomach, nibbling on a pretzel stick while reading her AP Chem book. "This is stupid!" she whines, slamming the book shut. "I hate finals week."

Cameron cracks her back and sits criss-cross. She fixes the ponytail on her head and sighs, setting her highlighter down. "I agree."

I wipe the sweat off of my forehead and fix the low bun I did. I take a small break and turned my head to look out on the field for the guys. Blake is talking to the coach and Ty is throwing footballs to one of his friends. I see Kaydon jogging off the field for a water and he looks up at me and does a finger heart.

My cheeks turn red and I do a heart back before flipping him off to which he also does as well. Cameron laughs and Parker shakes her head with a smile.

"What?"

Parker rests her right palm on her cheek. "You guys are literally so cute I wish I had that." I laugh and pat her arm.

"You will Parker! Maybe it's not time yet." I sigh dramatically and she swats my arm.

Cameron raises an eyebrow at Parker before saying, "Don't you have a fat crush on that one baseball dude?" I gasp and Parker lunges forward to shut Cameron's mouth. I fall backwards on the bleachers in a fit of laughter while Parker struggles to shut up Cameron.

"Shut," she says after every breath with a hand on her mouth. "Up."

Cameron shakes her off and sits back up. She fixes her hair and Parker gets out some fruit snacks from he pocket of her backpack. My eyes forget the papers in front of me and go back to the field where the guys are.

Kaydon throws a beautiful pass to Ty who was already down the field and Blake cheers from the side. Parker hoots and Cameron just continues working on her paper. We were all working in silence until Parker starts talking.

"Hey, guys? For this que-"

"Yo, watch out!"

A football immediately hits Cameron on the side of her face. I see the red marks on her cheek and I gently grab her face to check it. The red is completely visible and the location where the ball hit was near her temple area but still close enough to her cheek.

Footballs are very painful to get hit with especially with fast speed. I turn to the field to see all the guys with hands or fists on their mouths in shock. Ty looks distressed and runs directly towards us with Kaydon and Blake behind him.

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry Cam," Ty stammers, grabbing her face from my hands and looking closely at it. She isn't saying anything but winces every time his finger barely touches the spot she got hit.

Parker nudges Blake beside her, "What happened?"

He shrugs, "Ty was throwing it to one of our friends and it just shot right here. He didn't mean to, he swears on his life."

Kaydon puts an arm around my shoulder and pats Blake on the back. "Ty started muttering strings of curses, poor guy." We all sit and analyze the two who were whispering to each other across from us.

Ty brushes some hair away from her face and sighs deeply.

"I gotta take her to Jill," he mutters. Jill is the huge favorite in our school. Not only is she a school nurse, she's actually a good school nurse. She doesn't give ice packs for every injury, she cares, and she isn't rude or dismissive.

Cameron stands up and Blake helps her. We all walked out to the nurse's office and Ty and Cam went in by themselves. The rest of us sit beside the walls and just sat in silence. Kaydon plays with the hair tie on my wrist while Blake talks to Parker.

"What's on your mind today, Laurken?" Kaydon whispers and I turn to meet his close gaze. Those eyes giving me that tingly feel at the bottom of my stomach.

I shrug, "Not much. I feel bad for Cam. We were just studying for finals." Kaydon snorts.

"I would rather get hit in the face than study for my finals right now."

I swat him on the shoulder and cracks a grin at me. He kisses my temple and leans his head on my shoulder. Besides the smell of sweat and grass, I still feel the same comfort I did years ago. His hair has an odd smell to it right now.

"Are you sniffing my hair?" he chuckles, looking up at me.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why does your hair smell like," I pause, trying to get the right word. "Strawberries?"

Blake laughs loudly and Parker hides her laugh while looking away. Kaydon rolls his eyes at then and stuck his middle finger up. Before he could say anything else, the door opens to Ty and Cameron with an bag of ice and cream in her hand.

"Apply that twice a day and ice it a lot," I hear Jill inform Cameron. "Ty, be careful next time please."

I see Ty nod. The door closes and we all stand up. I go towards Cameron and give her a side hug and she smiles at me in return. Parker scowls at Ty and flicks his head. He winces and she puts an arm around Cameron and I.

"Next thing you know, Ty will get a volleyball thrown at his face." Parker says and we all follow each other out back to the field. Ty scoffs and Cameron gives him a glare with teasing in her eyes.

"If you ever throw a football at me again, expect a volleyball coming back at you." she says and we all crack up at that. We make it back to where we were and the guys bid us goodbye. Before Kaydon leaves, he stops me and kisses me one more time before ruffling his hair.

"What was that for?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He gives me a boyish grin and shakes his head.

"I just love you."

I laugh, sitting down waving him off. He stands there waiting for a response back and I roll my eyes at him. I walk up and put the helmet back on his head before whispering to him.

"And I love you."

**

a/n

unedited

THE LAST. EVER. CHAPTER FOR THIS BOOK.

im literally tearing up oh my goodness. this book has been a huge journey going through rollercoasters. i was at a moment in my life with this book where i wanted to unpublish everything. the thing that stopped me was YOU guys!

you guys have shown so much support and love to these characters and i cannot wait to make more books for the rest of the group. i cant thank you enough and thank you for sticking with kaydon and sierra like i did. they have gone through hell and back and look at them now. AA

i love them sm and i love you guys! until cam and ty's book. ;)

#Saydon <3

-s