Chapter 5: Human

Blame standarized testing for the lateness.

School is 8 weeks almost done.

HAPPY EASTER IF YOU CELEBRATE IT!

That is all.

Be cool.

Love y'all ❤

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Odia's POV:

"Rubro! How could you do this?!" Ginata smacked my brother's hand while she fixed my hair into something fancy.

"What did I...?" Rubro began and sighed, "I love you too, and I'm going to greet the guests." He submitted.

"Impressive." I laughed as her hands finished.

"All the joys of being married." She had me face her, "Now look."

She held a mirror in front of me, so I could see the back of my head in the mirror behind me, "Wow... I haven't had a waterfall braid since high school."

"Well I think it looks gorgeous. Now, tell me one more time." Ginata held my shoulders.

I held her shoulders in return, "I am super okay with doing this."

She smiled, "Good."

----

"Hello, glad to see you." I went about the party as I greeted everyone.

"You look beautiful, princess." A buisnessman smiled at me.

"Thank you, sir." I smiled cheerfully as I bumped into a woman, "Oh I am so-"

I stopped speaking as she wrapped her arms around me tightly, "Odia! My sweet baby!"

"Mrs. Hitachiin what are you doing?!" A far off voice hissed.

"M-Mother?" I stuttered as I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I do love her. I really do. She never reallh left my side. It was me who abandoned her in a way.

"You look so beautiful." She whispered as we let go of eachother.

"As do you." I brightly smiled.

"Ugh, I have to go and talk to people, but can you call me, I really want to have a dinner." She handed me her card.

"Of course. Definitely." I spoke truthfully.

"Alright, I'll see you soon, dear." She kissed my cheek as she walked ever so gracefully away.

She really was my true mother, biological or not, it was her.

A hand reached out to me, "Oh, thank you for comi...ng." I faltered as my hand felt like it was sparked when I made contact with the man, and as I saw the man, my heart sunk, "Ootori, I see you do run your own company. Knew you would."

"Hello, princess." That word made something crawl down my spine as I realized my hand was still in his, and I pulled back, "You look rather beautiful."

"Thank you, sir." I spoke my internal script, "I'm glad you're doing great." I smiled a bit.

"I hope you are as well. From what I hear, you are, but-"

"And now, Princess Araneae has an announcement and a toast to make." My brothers voice stopped me.

"Sorry, I have to..." He nodded as I made my way to my brother.

He handed me the mic, "Hello everyone! I just feel this obligation to tell you this, since you guys are my family. The Spiders and everyone with it, are all I got, and I hate lying or keeping many secrets, so I thought I'd clear something up."

I took a breath, "As you know, I was kidnapped again by the Bulls last year, but they weren't ordinary gang members...They were mine and King Rubro's biological parents. They beat me, zapped me, scarred me physically, and stabbed me straight through, twice." My voice grew strained, "It... wow, it sucked, but it made me realize who my true family is, and family is what keeps us on top. I had to get stabbed by the two people I used to love most in this world to truly see it..." My voice began breaking, "But I know we are a family and without it, we'd be nothing. So let's raise a glass to family!"

"To family!" The rest of them cheered as I downed my glass while rushing outside to the balcony.

I leaned against the wall, putting my hands on my knees, and tried to take deep breaths, "Jeez." I muttered, as tears dripped down without me noticing, "Well I guess I wasn't ready then." I sighed.

"Odia?" I turned to my side to see Mori.

I quickly wiped my eyes, "Mori, h-hey, where's-" I stopped talking as his arms wrapped around my shaking frame, and I lost it, "Damnit, damnit, damnit!" I cursed as I tried to bite back more tears.

"You can cry." He spoke as he stroked my hair while I cried in his chest, cluyching for dear life.

My angry sobs soon grew ragged, "I can't believe I'm crying. It happed a year ago. I should be fine."

"No one would be fine." He replied.

"But I'm not just anyone. I have responsibilities. If I cling onto this, then I'll-"

"Be human?" I closed my mouth, "It's okay to be human."

I shook my head, "I hate it. Tears are gross." I heard him quietly chuckle, "So expressive now." I mused, "Haven't you come a long way?" By this point, hugging him had grown so comforting as I wiped my tears.

"So have you." He added.

"Not really. Here I am, ruining your fancy clothes with my tears." I chuckled as he did.

"And here I am hopelessly holding you in return." I looked up at him.

"Hopelessly?"

He opened his mouth to reply, but a voice cut us off.

"No, I'm not gonna do it." A voice and footsteps startled me as Mori and I broke apart.

"You have to." Another spoke as two twins emerged, "Oh."

"TAKASHI?" A voice called as Mori gave me a small smile and left inside.

"Hey, Hikaru, Kaoru." I smiled a bit.

"Are you okay? You look like you were-" Hikaru spoke.

"I'm fine." I spoke a little to quickly, "Well, you guys look nice, and on behalf of the Spiders, I hope you enjoy the night." I made my way to the doors only to see the rest of my former friends, "What is this? An intervention hosted by the ghosts of party's past?" I sighed.

"I have something to ask if you." Haruhi spoke up.

Shit.

-----

Kyoya's POV:

I watched from inside as Odia criedinti Mori's arms. It felt like dejavu, and I sighed as I turned to Haruhi, "I think you should do it." I spoke.

"Really? She's probably going to reject it." Haruhi replied.

"Optimism, my dear." Tamaki added, "She wouldnt say no to you."

"Maybe it's because I'm one of the few who didn'tforget about her." She snapped.

Haruhi had been rather angry since the reunion.

----

Odia's POV:

"Will you be my maid of honor, and help me plan mine and Tamaki's wedding?" Haruhi asked hopefully.

Fuck.