Chapter 30

Content Warning: Sexual Assault is mentioned in this chapter, please read with caution. 

YN cracked her eyes open the next morning, her arms and legs wrapped up in the white bed sheets. Her mostly naked body was on full show where she lay. Not giving it a second thought, YN stretched, hearing the bones in her back crack and groan.

She heard the door to the room creak open and Steve walked in with a towel in his hand and he was rubbing it through his hair. He was shirtless and had some old blue jeans sitting low on his hips. "God damn, did I die and go to horny heaven?" Steve laughed, removing the towel from his head as he faced the woman still in bed.

"Well, if you did, you took me with you." YN giggled as Steve pounced on top of her, fingers digging into her ribs, her giggles turning into loud snorts of laughter.

Not long later, YN, now dressed, was sat at the island bench in the kitchen, hand wrapped around a large mug of coffee and her eyes scanning her briefing packet.

Loud footsteps sounded down the hall, alerting her to an incoming presence. "Lady YN!" Thor boomed, walking over to scavenge through the cupboards containing cereals and other breakfast condiments.

"Thor, I told you that YN is just fine." YN chuckled, returning her gaze to her file.

"Where is the captain this morning?" YN placed the file down, too distracted by the large man, god, in front of her.

"He's gone for a run, I believe." Thor nodded before booming out a laugh.

"Ha! Humans and their constant need for exercise. It's hilarious." YN laughed again, shaking her head. YN's phone vibrated in her pocket, letting her know she was getting a call.

"Samuel," She answered. "Anyone would think you missed me."

Sam laughed, "Alright hot shot, I was just calling to say good luck."

YN smiled, "Thanks Wilson."

"Ah! Tell Son of Wil that I have brought his man friend some Asguardian liquor he was wanting." Thor called, pouring milk into a bowl making YN frown.

"Did you get that Sam?" She said distracted by Thor's actions and not hearing Sam's response. "Thor, what are you doing?"

"Why, Lady YN, I am pouring myself a bowl of," Thor looked to the box of cereal. "Cheerios it would seem!"

YN laughed loudly, "You normally put the cereal in first, and then the milk." YN could hear Sam cackling on the other end of her phone, listening in to her and Thor's conversation.

"I apologize, Lady YN. I am not familiar with the rules surrounding, what you call, cereal." YN snorted, shaking her head. Waving it off, YN smiled at the Asguardian who was retreating to the living room, where she could hear him talking to the "metal box that is holding trapped humans".

"So, Lady YN, what's the plan for this afternoon?" YN rolled her eyes, sighing as she moved down the hall to her room.

"Well, looking at this briefing, the location doesn't have an access point. It looks like Fury wants us to storm in all hells blazing." Sam sighed at her words.

"Make sure you be careful, YN. You aren't a superhuman." YN frowned.

"Wow, thanks for the vote of confidence, Samuel." YN said, a feeling of hurt coiling in her chest.

"You know what I mean. You're strong and tactical and smart. But like me, or Clint or Natasha, you can't rely on your super strength, you need to be careful, know your limits." YN nodded, understanding where Sam was coming from.