Chapter 27: First step

Kiyotaka POV

Just another peaceful morning on the winter. Recently, I've defeated Ryuuen and make him drops out of school. But thankfully I managed to stop him.

It would be troublesome if other class suspects X beats Ryuuen.

I was just now chilling on a bench in the morning. Doing nothing at all while waiting for a person to come

???: "don't go around calling someone this early in the morning."

it was none other than Ryuuen Kakeru.

Kiyo: "you came."

Ryuuen: "whatever."

He proceeds to sit beside me

Kiyo: "I'm impressed you decided to stay after all

Kiyo: "I'm impressed you decided to stay after all."

Ryuuen: "you happy that you prevented me from dropping out?"

Kiyo: "who knows?"

Ryuuen: "you know what? you're wasting too much time. Get to business already."

Kiyo: "Regarding the rooftop incident back then, I was thinking I'd like to add something".

Ryuuen: "Add?".

What are you thinking of now, is what Ryuuen is probably thinking. Especially if I'm going to analyze his defeat, it's certainly not something that would be pleasant for him. However, it is vital that I explain to him the parts he missed while conveying the facts to him.

Kiyo: "That place was where the decisive judgement occurred, Ryuuen. Probably, if you had been alone there, even now you'd be obsessing over the rooftop incident and you might have been able to fight me again".

But, Ibuki, Ishizaki and also Albert were also there at that place with him. It is also a fact that this was one of the main factors that caused Ryuuen to hasten his decision.

If the situation had aggravated, the riskiness rises proportionately. In the worst case scenario, there is the possibility that it won't end with the responsibility being shoved onto Ryuuen alone. Not just that instance, he made his surrender after seeing ahead of that. It was a hand worth playing. Of course, I manipulated him into doing that but as far as living up to expectations go, Ryuuen has high potential.

Ryuuen: "Truly, you're a bastard who's screwing around, I'm amazed at the lengths you go to in taking that attitude of condescension towards your opponents. I thought doing that was my specialty but when you do it like that, I'm going out of business".

Kiyo: "I was only telling you the truth".

Ryuuen: "I don't even have to think about how saying that benefits you. It means it has something to do with the fact that you even used Ishizaki and the others to stop me from dropping out, right?".

I had expected him to catch on if I properly carried the flow of the conversation but it seems like the prospects of that are dim.

Ryuuen: "You and your craftiness. Do you think I'll still make a move?".