Chapter 46

We were in her private cell, she was still tied up with silver chain and I took the liberty of sitting on the available bed as I waited to hear what she had to say. Something told me that I wasn't prepared for it.

"I never wanted to hurt you, I was manipulated, controlled, possessed. I tried fighting it off but they were more powerful. I recently just got away from them but they are after me and after you as well. " Could I trust what she was saying? Something was telling me that she was not lying.

"Who are they, why did they do that to you, why are they after you, after us?" Everything was confusing, it's as if everything was escalating.

"It's a battle with not just the wolves but with the witches, the evil ones. They've been working closely with the alpha king and creating havoc. They are after power, more power. There's a prophecy that says we will destroy their forces and that's why they controlled me and made me try to kill you. They don't want us to join forces, they are after us right now and the alpha king, he's with them. " This was a lot to take in. Why would the alpha king want more power? How many other prophecies were there?

"Why does the alpha king want more power? How many other prophecies were there?"

"The alpha king is not the true heir to the throne. Three hundred years ago, his ancestors wiped out the original heirs and have been reigning since but a prophecy came up that the original heirs to the throne was still alive and that's why they want more power so they can defeat the original heir and remain in control. " If the original heir was indeed alive, where was he and I truly hope the person was powerful enough to defeat them.

"Also, they are threatened by us because if we team up with the original heirs the odds will be against them and that's why they want to separate us as much as possible. " She winced in pain as she spoke.

If what she was saying was the truth she didn't deserve to be tied up like this. She must have gone through a lot to free herself from their grip.

I requested for the key to the locks and freed her from the chains.

"Thank you. " She said sighing. There were bruises and scars all over her body. She must have gone through a lot already. I was starting to feel pity for her but then I remembered she killed our parents.

"But you still killed mum and dad. " I said and she sighed.

"I didn't kill them. Yes they are dead but I wasn't the one that killed them. After they protected you and let you go I tried killing them but mum placed a bracelet on me that waded off the witches charms and I stopped but the witches came and destroyed the bracelet after killing mum and dad and I was under their control once more. "

I couldn't help but cry. Everything I had believed the whole time was wrong and hearing how my parents truly died hurt me. Those witches and the fake alpha king had to be destroyed.

What happened next shocked me and gave me goosebumps. Loranda was crying and pulled me into a hug telling me how much she loved me and how sorry she was about what she did. I was very emotional seeing her like that. This was someone a lot of people were against and she wasn't really herself then. The good alphas were against her, she was made to do horrible things she didn't want to do.

I needed to know how the witches came to control her and how she came to free herself from their spells. I sincerely hope this wasn't a plan of theirs to kill me when I was most vulnerable.

"It's alright, we just have to destroy those who want us dead. How did they come to control you and how did you break free?"

"When I was ten, my powers were spiralling out of control and Dad sought the help of a witch. They thought she was a good witch but she knew of the prophecy and she alerted her other members of the coven. They promised Dad that they will take care of me and teach me how to control my powers and I had to be away from you so I didn't mistakenly hurt you but they took me far away from mum and dad. They began controlling me and teaching me how to use my power for evil and when I didn't want to, they created a spell that bound me to them forever to do all their dirty works and the only thing that could break it away was a mate bond, a mate mark. " She said the last part with a sad smile. So she had a mate then but why was she sad, don't tell me he's dead.

"Luckily for me I was able to escape although I was still under their spell and I was found by my mate. He was so loving, we mated and he marked me and that was when I became free but then the witches were after us and found us and when they did... when they did..." She was sobbing uncontrollably now and my heart ached for her. Even after everything she lost her mate and loosing a mate especially after mating and bearing their mark was the most painful thing any wolf could go through.

"He sacrificed his life for me, for us." She said crying touching her stomach. Oh my goodness, she was pregnant?

I nearly killed her baby, oh my goodness. If she had not moved I would have stabbed her and killed her baby, her only reminder of her mate, I would have destroyed her completely.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I would have killed your baby if you hadn't swiftly turned. I'm so sorry. " I said crying. What did she do to deserve all this? I can't imagine the type of pain I'll feel if I lost Damon and she lost hers after the whole mating and marking and she was about to loose his child as well. The pain she must be going through not just physically but emotionally and psychologically must really hurt.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that alone." I said as I hugged her. At least I was never alone. I had Sam and Jonathan and now I have Damon, Aria and Chase but she had no one. The mate she had was killed before her eyes, there was no one to comfort or support her. But I was here, she was my sister, she has me now.

"I'm here now. I promise to protect you and your baby. No harm will come to both of you." I said meaning every word of it.

"I'm your big sister. I'll protect you and let no harm come to you. I promise to be there for you too." She said letting out a small smile and I smiled leaning in on her embrace.

She has me now, we have each other now, nothing was going to separate us again. We'll destroy everyone that is against us. We'll keep each other safe.

Hey loves,

Did you see that coming because I clearly didn't. This chapter shocked me as well.

I abandoned the book for a while but now that I seem determined to finish it ideas just keep flowing when I decide to write. I don't even know how the story is going to end yet but I know it's going to be a good one.

The story is quite amazing isn't it? Buckle your seatbelt, the next chapters are still going to be shocking. More secrets are going to be spilled. Await the next chapter by tomorrow.

Don't forget to like, recommend to your friends, share and add to your reading list. Thanks 😊