~THIRTY-FOUR~

"Who cares about the clouds when we're together? Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather." - Dale Evans.

A friend of mine made the cover above 😊😊 More than one though. I'll post the rest in the next chapters.

This chapter is dedicated to ABIDOYEJOSEPH

Thanks for all your support boss!

                                   •BOLU•

After church on Sunday, I tried to keep my excitement et nervousness at bay. It wasn't easy. I kept humming a particular song as I dressed up. Luckily, mom and dad weren't around this evening. They had left Ibadan to see some of our relatives immediately we got back home so I didn't bother myself with having to cook up a story about where I was going and whom I was going to see.

On the other hand, Joba and Kanyin were skeptical about me going out on a Sunday evening. Apart from the fact that they were shocked, they - specifically Joba - also didn't want me to leave the three boys at home alone as Kanyin was going back to school today.

I was honest with them about where I was going (Ore texted me the address since I'd told him not to pick me up at my place) but I didn't exactly say who I was going to meet. I just told them some lame story about my classmates hanging out at that place and they believed it - I think?

I did feel guilty about lying though, I hated it but I just had to. But I'll tell you this guys, especially kids: lying is bad and evil. Don't do it. Case closed.

After I was done with dressing up, I exhaled and walked to the mirror with my eyes squeezed shut. I exhaled again.

"Bolu calm down, it's just the mirror and not Ore. Relax. . ." I told myself.

Relax

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my whole look.

I looked. . .just like me, I guess? Because meeting with Ore was something I didn't want anyone to know, I had to dress myself up. Although, if I'd told Kanyin, she'd have been more than excited to help and she'd go all out with it and I wasn't an 'all-out' person.

I was dressed really simple and hopefully not under-dressed. I was wearing a sleeveless v-neck denim dress and nike Jordans - black and white. I let down my long braids as usual, touching my butt. Short silver earrings in my ears and a white watch on my wrist. To make me look really casual and avoid stares (I think?) I decided to wear the Lindale hooded jacket that Ore had gifted me last year, supposedly for Christmas. I figured it'd be nice to wear it today. I'd just have to endure the heat, in case it ever came.

For my make up, I only used clear gloss on my lips and my signature mascara - I almost failed at using it, again. Yes, almost. Anyway, as I stared at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but smile. I mean, I just had to smile. I was seriously pleased with myself. Pleased that I'd actually pulled this off - dressing up, I mean.

I picked my phone and purse, then put it in a small white backpack Kanyin had given me a long time ago. She'd actually gotten me a handbag but since I wasn't a handbag person, she gave me this instead.

I locked my room quietly and tiptoed across the hall and down the stairs because I didn't want Joba to come out his room and bombard me with more questions. I honestly was not ready to lie again.

I got downstairs and it turned out Joba wasn't in his room. All my tiptoe-ing went for nothing. My shoulders dropped and I rolled my eyes as I walked into the sitting room where my three brothers were relaxed on the couch, watching TV.