Chapter 43

It was the evening of pratipada, faint orange rays of sun had adorned the sky, when the citizens of matsya got the new, that the Royal Family is arriving within half an hour along with the new bride. Hustle and bustle could be seen in every house and the palace was getting decorated. Vedangi peeped from the curtain of her palanquin, breathing the fresh air.

On their way, they took many halts, taking blessings from temples around, that took them whole two days to reach matsya.Her palanquin stopped and shvet asked her to step out, forwarding a hand to help her. She smiled shyly and stepped out, putting a hair strand behind her ear. Both of them walked to the main gate, where everyone was waiting for them, vedangi grinned looking at her new home. The citizens showered flowers and hailed them, the grin on her face widening each moment.

ShveKshi came near the main door, where sudeshna did their aarti, vedangi was about to enter when uttara interrupted, " Wait... Wait... You are not allowed to go in " She blocked their path, vedangi and shvet exchanged glances. " You can't enter without gifting something to your sister in law " Uttara forwarded her palm and blinked cutely, vedangi sighed in relief, removed the necklace she was wearing and kept it in uttara's hand. " Bhabhi... I was kidding " Uttara returned the necklace to vedangi, " Uttara keep it, my jewellery is yours and your jewellery is mine too " Vedangi giggled.

Vedangi then gently kicked the pot filled with rice, indicating that the new kulvadhu would fill the house with prosperity. Then she dipped her feet in a plate full of Vermilion paste and walked on the floor, indicating that the new kulvadhu is entering the house as lakshmi. " Now, can we take rest mata! " Uttar sighed. " Not now, after the dinner, some rituals are still remaining " Sudeshna answered. She then took vedangi and shvet to the God's room and they book blessings of their ancestors and kuldevtas.
************************************
Shvet and vedangi were made to sit on small tables and some plates were placed in front of them, covered. Kartiki rolled a beetal leaf ( paan) and asked vedangi to hold it in between her teeth. " Mamishree? Am I supposed to eat it? " Vedangi asked confused, " You would know soon, what you are supposed to do with it " Kartiki giggled. " Vedangi, hold the beetal leaf I'm between your teeth and shvet, you would pull it out from her teeth using your teeth " Sudeshna said, making their jaws drop. A wave of " Oohhhhhh " Ran through the Hall, as lakshmana, uttara, uttar, shankh and samb burst out laughing.

" Matashree, what's this " Vedangi asked with wide eyes. " Ritual " Sudeshna shrugged supressing her laughter. Vedangi reluctantly placed the leaf in between her teeth, tightly. Shvet gulped, held her shoulders and leaned closer to her, their breaths mingled, eyes met and hearts were thudding. Shvet leaned closer , their lips centimeter apart, vedangi shut her eyes close, as she felt her cheeks heating, the teasings were unheared by them as they were lost in each other. Shvet took the opportunity and grabbed the leaf from her teeth, their lips brushing slightly.

" Yeahh bhrata won! " Shankh and samb squealed and sat besides shvet ,
" So what? My Tai will win the next round " Lakshmana said, as she and uttara sat besides vedangi, " You really expect me to win " Vedangi pleaded in low voice. " Yess bhabhi, all the best continue " . Shvet held the leaf in his teeth and leaned closer winking, vedat blushed and lowered her gaze.
" Concentration kulvadhu " Kartiki nudged giggling. Vedangi looked at shvet innocently, cuteness filling her face, shvet felt butterflies as he looked at her, his lips parted. Vedangi took opportunity and grabbed the leaf from his teeth.

" Yeah... Bhabhi... Tai... " Lakshmana and uttara hugged vedangi, while vedangi just winked at shvet, who was pouting. " We lost because of you " Shankh and samb whined hitting shvet lightly. " Ehm.. Ehm.. Don't forget we are also here " Maharaj virat made them aware of their presence, vedangi's cheeks turned into deep shades of red. " Now go, you all take rest, tomorrow morning is satya narayan pooja " Kartiki said smiling and everyone dispersed to their chambers.
************************************
Vedangi walked to the place in garden, where everyone was seated, along with lakshmana. She felt light after changing into a cotton lehanga, after wearing heavy dresses for almost a week. She flashed a smile and settled between uttara and lakshmana. " Bhabhi! You should sit besides jyeshth " Uttara got up and shankh pushed shvet besides her, vedangi shut her eyes and blushed as shvet wrapped his arms around her.
" Don't trouble my pretty wife " Shvet said with a pout, " Yehi dosti yehi pyaar " Shankh said, " Mil gayi meenakshi chor diya yaar " Samb nodded dramatically.

" You both over dramatics " Vedangi rolled her eyes. " So today I am going to reveal a secret, which no one knows except me " Uttar stood up and announced. " When we had gone for bhabhi's jyeshth bhrata's wedding.. " Before uttar could complete his sentence, shvet covered his mouth and tried to pull him aside. " Why.. Why... Let him tell na jyeshth " Uttara whined, " Yes... Why are you stopping him... What did you do... " Samb said, everyone else continued with " Oohhhh " . " At night, when bhrata was sleeping besides me, he was murmuring veda... Veda.. In sleep " Uttar said over dramatically, vedangi gasped and glared at shvet, whose cheeks were already pink.

As everyone began to tease them, she managed to change the topic, " Bhrata samb bhrata.... When are you planning your wedding... You are elder than me na... " She said glancing at lakshmana and then at samb with a sheepish smile. Samb's eyes darted towards lakshmana, who lowered her gaze shyly, " Behena saana toh lene de! You are married just 4 days before and are excited about my wedding " He slapped his forehead and nodded negative.

" Look bharata bhabhi is so concerned for you and you are teasing her! Very bad " Uttara said, snaking her arm around vedangi. " My poor wife " Shvet hugged her from the other side, vedangi rolled her eyes again, " Seems I am married in family of over dramatics " She sighed. Samb and lakshmana's eyes we're continuously meeting, while shankh was watching this all impatiently. " I am feeling sleepy " He got up and hurried towards his chamber, not waiting , leaving everyone in confusion
************************************
Hey, my lovely readers! The next chapter is here.
Also belated happy Dasshera to you all ✨.
Do you all remember, what's on coming purnima?
Hope you liked reading this chapter, let me know through your comments, they are much important for me💖.