[FOUR]

««ѳѳѳѳ»»
4

3RD PERSON POV

3RD PERSON POV.

Mia wasn't sure what brought her here but something in her needed to see it for herself.

"In Loving Memory of Emilia Vivian Stark" Is what was engraved into the stone where she was buried.

However, all that sat below was an empty casket.

During the time of the accident, the amount of control Hydra had within the investigation was uncanny. They managed to convince the public that the three Starks had died in an unfortunate car crash. Anyone who got suspicious was taken care of permanently.

Howard Anthony Walter Stark Jr.
Friend, Patriot, Husband, & Father

Maria Collins Carbonell Stark
Friend, Loving Wife & Mother

In one day, Mia lost everything she ever knew...

"I'm sorry," She whispered. She wasn't sure why she was apologizing but it was all she could muster up the will to say.

Maybe she was sorry she got taken, missed out on school, and didn't attend their funeral. In a way, she felt like she disappointed them in a way.

None of which were her fault but sadly happened and now here she was visiting their gravesite for the first time. She didn't bother telling Tony considering the fact he'd try his best to avoid the topic. To add to that she was supposed to be in hiding since she was a fugitive and all.

It was only when she heard a sudden twig snap that told her that she wasn't alone anymore.

Mia examined the area on guard slowly backing away from the tombstones. In the blink of an eye, agents came rolling in surrounding the place with guns ready.

"Thea, in violation of the Sokovia Accords, by aiding Captain Rogers along with escaping prison." Emilia rolled her eyes upon hearing her name.

"Come with us willingly or we'll have to take you in by force." They called out as a plethora of red beams were aimed at her.

Mia slowly raised her hands into the air.

"Get on the ground, now!!" instead of lowering herself to the ground, she used her shadow policy, transported herself to the other entrance of the graveyard, and ran for the hills.

Emilia

Damn it. I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot I was a fugitive.

The streets were blocked off at every turn I took. It wasn't until I just so happened to take the wrong turn and end up being completely circled.

"Nowhere to run..." I rolled my eyes when I heard the voice of the man I was not looking forward to hearing.

"Thea, we have cornered, come with us now and things don't have to get any further..." Said Thaddeus.

Of all the people to get arrested by...

•••••

Tony

I just exited a meeting after some smartass asked me about the fight with the Hulk in Johannesburg. Already got enough of those.

I checked my phone and saw 5 missed calls from Ross and one unread message from Happy and Mia. Glad she's putting that phone I gave her to use.

Happy Face😉

Tony, they'll be launching the communications satellite make sure to meet up with Hill.
- Read

I was about to open Mia's next when I got another call from Ross. "He's going over his unusual counts..."

Probably gonna regret this...

I press accept and I hear him on the other line with a lot of commotion.

"Stark..." Here it goes.

"Hey, how's it going? You sound younger day by day—"

"Cut the crap. We've just lost eyes on Thea," What?

"Thea? As in angry bird? You're kidding me." Please be a joke. Please be a joke.

"Look we're gonna need backup with this one, under no circumstances are we letting her off so easy..." And just like that, the call ended.

I leave her home alone for just a moment, and now she's being chased by the government. Now that's something I wouldn't ever thought I'd see.

I opened up Mia's message next.

Mimi

I'll be home sometime this week...
Read -

Did you get the burgers?
Read -

New Messages

I'm in trouble right now...
Long story
Thaddeus is trying to get me
Nothing to worry about
I think...
- Read Just Now

"Friday, let Hill know I'll be running a little off-schedule today..." I said speed walking out to the car.

Time to stop Mia from going to jail. Again.

Another thing I didn't think I'd have to worry about...

A/N
Yeah this took a minute but now we're getting on track with the rest of the storyline

762 words