CHAPTER 42

Meera's POV

A little over a month had passed since dad passed away. I'd be lying if I said that it dint hurt because it still did. But Abhi made it easier. He is the most amazing and understanding person ever and its hard not to fall in love with him. Just when I think its not possible for me to love him more, he proves me wrong and makes me fall for him more. In this time, Reyansh also has become one year old.

So that brings me to where I'm sitting in my office dreaming about Abhi. I'm brought out of my dream land  by a knock on the door. I compose myself and ask the person to come in. To my surprise Abhi walks in. What is he doing here?

"What are you doing here?", I hear myself say and cringe. That came out a little harsh. "Sorry, I dint mean it like that, I'm just a little shocked", I say and he chuckles.

"I came here to meet my beautiful wife, am I not allowed to that", he says and I give him a blank look. 

"What did you do Abhi?"

"I'm hurt how you immediately think that I did something", he says feigning to be hurt. He pulls me closer to him and kisses me and I melt against him. We break apart and he brushes his thumb over my cheek. "I do have to talk to you about something though", he says seriously guiding me to sit beside him on the couch.

"Ok, what happened ?"

"I have to go on a business trip to Australia", he says and waits for my reaction. The moment he says that I sigh in relief.

"That's all? You got me worried for a moment"

"So you don't mind?"

"I mean I'll obviously miss you but you have to go and I don't want to be the one stopping you", I say honestly. "so you came all the way here to tell me this?"

"Yes because I have to leave tonight and I wanted to spend as much time as I can with you", Abhi says.

"What, you have to go tonight and you are just telling me?"

"Because I myself just found out, I'll be back in three days ", he says and I nod. To be honest I dint want him to go. I don't know why but I did not like the thought of him being so far away. "Well that being said, we are going to spend the next 4hrs together", he says looking at his watch.

"One small problem. I can't leave for at least another hour", I say and his face falls.

"Ok, how about I come with you?", he asks and I shake my head.

"You won't be allowed inside anyways. How about you wait here and I'll be back in some time"

"Ok, but come fast", he says pecking my lips. I nod and go out for checking on my patients.

.

.

I finish my rounds quickly and head back to my office. Abhi is sitting in the same place reading some file with immense concentration. He looks up as he hears me come in and keeps the file down and looks at his watch.

"Right on time. Shall we go?", he asks.

"Yes", I say and he gets up and entwins his fingers with mine. We sit in the car when he asks me,

"I know this really good Italian place, we can go there if you want", he says and I nod. He begins to drive towards that place his hand still entwined with mine.

15 minutes later we reach a small cozy looking café. We enter the place and a waiter guides us towards a table in the corner. He hands us the menus and leaves us to decide.