SO WHAT DO YOU CARE?

marcelines pov

i rolled over in my bed, i was scrolling through instagram and saw brandon post a girl. an actual girl. he never even posted me when we were together. this isn't the first time either, this girl has been on his feed for the past two weeks. isabella taylor.

first of all, them dating is completely random. i didn't even know they knew of each other's existence and now they are spending every waking moment together.

it's insane. i don't even know why i care. i was the one who broke up with brandon. deservedly, so. he was a total dick in the last week we were dating. he barely spoke to me unless i called or texted first and never wanted to hang out.

we broke up two months ago, yes, but i think it's a little soon for him to be in a full fledged relationship all of a sudden.

yeah actually i think it's time i give him a piece of my mind. i scroll through my contacts and listen to the dial tone as i wait for him to pick up.

"hello?" he says feigning innocence.

"a girlfriend?!" was the first thing that escaped my mouth. i couldn't help but get straight to it.

"hello to you too marceline. missed me?" i could almost hear the smile on his face.

"you can't be serious. you just had to jump into a relationship?"

smugly, he started, "do you have a problem with that? may i remind you, mar, since you've seemed to forget. you broke up with me. not the other way around."

i could honest to god punch him right now. "i broke up with you because you treated me like crap for the last week beforehand. or did you forget?" i said with a tad more anger than i intended.

"so what do you care?"

so what do i care. im not sure. we dated for almost 2 years. obviously im going to feel some type of way about him dating someone else. im just not sure how that is yet.

"b," i start—not sure what to say.

"mar, when are you gonna give this up?" he asked, in the same voice he always used whenever we had our monthly break ups. "it's been two months."

is he serious? like he doesn't have an entire girlfriend right now?

"goodbye b." i quickly hang up before i start something i don't know if i want to finish.

ugh! he makes me so angry, i don't even know what i want from him. or why i even called him in the first place.

**

a.n. heyy sorry for the short chapter
i don't necessarily like writing their interactions 😭