A True Mystery : P1

It was always great to be congratulated after a performance from your family and friends and every kid there knew that.

Kurt and Blaine were laughing and chatting excitedly about their win when Blaine suddenly stopped. Kurt followed his eyes and saw he was looking curiously at Sebastian Smythe. Kurt's eyes narrowed at the boy but then he grew curious too.

Sebastian was watching his fellow Warblers be congratulated and hugged by their families with a sad yet happy look on his face. He just turned and started walking away, hands shoved in the pockets of his blazer.

Kurt and Blaine shared a look and nodded at each other before quietly following Sebastian. They boy had walked from the competition to a bus stop and just sat there. Kurt and Blaine looked on confusedly.

They suddenly got interested as Sebastian pulled out his phone and messed with it before the familiar sound of a face time call was heard. Blaine and Kurt sneaked a little closer so they could hear better.

"Hey Barry!" A female voice was suddenly heard.

"Iris, hi." Sebastian smiled a genuinely happy smile although the two spies couldn't see it.

"So what's up? Why'd you call?" She questioned casually.

Sebastian just shrugged. "A little lonely, I guess. But I'm better now that your here."

"I wish we were actually with each other, that would make life a whole lot easier. Also, Dad grounded me, so I'm mad at him."

"Why did he ground you?" Sebastian asked the mystery woman on the other end amusedly.

"I snuck out of the house but that's not the point." She tries to defend herself.

"Iris, it's Joe. He's literally a detective and every time we've tried to sneak out of that house he always finds out." Sebastian reasoned with her.

"It could work one of these times."

"In your dreams."

"I miss this, Barry." Iris chuckles. "I miss us hanging out, talking. I miss my little brother."

"I'm only three months younger than you!" Sebastian exclaims exasperatedly.

"Your so young!"

"And your annoying." Sebastian groaned.

"I'm you sister, it's my job." The voice said pointedly. Sebastian sighed. "I miss you too."

"Well, obviously." The two laughed at the words as Blaine and Kurt continued to watch and listen intently.

"So, what's been happening back home?"

"Well, if your asking about one of your impossible cases then I've got nothing to report."

"Not what I meant." Sebastian chuckled.

"Okay, Then I have to tell you about the prank Chyer pulled on Dad."

"Totally could've definitely done something better, I bet." Sebastian stated amusedly.

"Oh, right, I forgot that you, Barry Allen, are the prank God." Iris replied sarcastically.

"I am amazing at pranking people!" Sebastian exclaimed offendedly yet still amused.

"Suuurrreee."

"Your so mean to me."

"Just shut up and let me tell the story."

Blaine and Kurt shared a look before sneaking far enough away where they could talk freely.

"What just happened?" Kurt asked.

"Well, Sebastian was all alone and then he left so we followed him and-"

"-I wasn't asking what we did Blaine. I meant what did everything that just happened mean." Kurt interrupted.

Blaine thought for a minute, replaying the events in his head. "Well, obviously Sebastians parents don't care about show choir or something like that and so we followed Sebastian to see if he was ok but didn't have the courage to confront him. We over heard him face time someone he was obviously rather close with, which is weird considering he doesn't get close to anyone. And then we find out that Sebastian actually has a sister, which was a fact that he never mentioned. So, what all this means, is that we don't really know Sebastian as much as we think we do or maybe even at all."

Kurt just stared at him.

"I know. I was on fire in that moment." Blaine smirked.

Kurt playfully rolled his eyes.

"I think we should just go talk to him." Blaine shrugged and noticed the look of complete disbelief Kurt was giving him. "That Sebastian back there was not the one we know. He was different. So if we talk to him he'll either let us in or push us away. Either way, it won't change what we already know for sure. I say let's just go for it."

Kurt huffed. "Fine. Let's go." He grabbed Blaine's hand and the two of them trudged through the woods and back to the bus stop where Sebastian was still on Face Time with the girl. The two shared a look before making their way up to him. On the phone screen there was a pretty African American teenager who eyes them when they came into view.

"Uhhh, Bear? You've got some visitors." Sebastian whipped his head around to face Kirt and Blaine.

"Iris I've gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay..." Iris replied, sounding unsure.

Sebastian just hung up the phone and shoved it in his pocket. "We're you eavesdropping on me?" He asked angrily as he walked around the bench to them. His glare was cold and murderous, nothing like the playful or smug ones they've only ever received from him.

"Well, uh," Blaine struggled.

"We were. But-"

"There's is no 'but', Kurt." Sebastian cut him off. This was serious. He actually called him by his name. "Even I have enough common decency to not eavesdrop on private conversations. You New Directions pretend to be all high and mighty but your not. Not really. Kurt is possessive and jealous. And Blaine," he looked at Blaine, his eyes dark, "you relish at how everyone worships or adores you." His words were truly meant to hurt them and they did.

"No." Kurt said firmly, determination washing over his features. "You don't get to work your way out of this conversation by throwing insults. Not this time. Me and Blaine followed you because we saw how no one came up to you after the competition. Wether it be the fact that your parents don't care or whatever, we wanted to make sure you were okay. My dad used to think show choir was silly and a waste of time but he came to realize that I loved doing it and started to support me. We can help your parents realize that too-"

"Stop talking about my parents!" Sebastian shouted. His voice sounded angry but underneath the anger was sadness and hurt. "Just..... leave me alone." He sounded broken as he turned to walk away but Blaine reached out and grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

"Don't. Please." Sebastian whispered. When Blaine didn't move, he yanked his wrist out his grip and walked away, neither boy making any move to stop him, still basically frozen from shock. After a minute they looked at each other and back at where Sebastians figure had disappeared into the darkness. Something was definitely wrong here, and no matter how much Sebastian pushed them away, they were going to find out what is was. And they were going to help.

1194 words. Should I make a part two or was this weird. I know I put P1 at the top but I'm just gonna ask anyway.