18.

Meekly, I walked towards the chair in front of Leo and sat down. "So, you called me?"

"Yes, What happened to you back in the car?" His voice was soft, surprisingly.

"Oh, I just had a weird dream."

"What kind of a dream?" I scooted closer to his desk and plopped my arms on it. His eyes followed, my every moment.

"But now that I think of it, I think it was not a dream but memories." He raised a brow.

Copying my gesture, he plopped his arms on the desk and locked his palms. "Explain briefly."

"So, at first I saw that the car in which we were traveling just now was on fire and you guys were nowhere to be found. I was alone in that car, and on top of that it was on burning inflame."

He fisted his palm together but relaxed them and stood up. "Come her Allegra." He motioned me to sit down on the couch beside him.

I walked towards the couch and collapsed down. "Allegra, we would never leave you alone in these kinds of circumstances. Heck, we would never leave you alone in any circumstance." He held my palm in his gently. Caressing my knuckles with his finger, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, I know. It's just I was startled when I didn't found any of you inside the car so I panicked in my dream. And after all, it was just a dream." I tried to lighten the mood.

"No, even in your dreams, you need to believe that we would never leave you." His voice held determination.

"Okay, I promise." I smiled at him.

"Is there more?"

"Oh, yes. Okay, so this is pretty weird but I saw myself in a room which was on fire. There was a big cupboard in the corner of the room just opposite to the door." His grip tightened on my hands.

"There was a person in that room. He was trying to open that cupboard with all his might. But couldn't. Maybe the cupboard's door was stuck because of something."

"Later on, his eyes went to someone on the couch, which was sitting in the middle of the room. It was a baby." Just as I finished my last line, Leo's grip was tightened to the point that my hands had gone pale.

I adjusted my hands and held his. Rubbing soothing circles on his palm. He hasn't looked up at me yet.

"More like a baby girl. She was glad in a blue button-down and peach shorts. She was so cute, you would have gushed over her small pigtails at the top of her head. Oh my god. Anyway, that man picked her up and was about to maybe throw her at the wall but later didn't. I don't know why though, might be her daughter. LOL, then why would he bring her to the crime scene and according to me, throw her at the wall." I laughed at my theory.

"Leo?" I called out softly. From his reactions, my second guess was right. They were not dreams but memories.

I scooted closer to him but still was unable to get into a comfortable position. So, I rose, right in front of him, and wrapped my arms around him.

Yes, I initiated the hug.

I dropped my knee on the couch between his thighs and put my face in his neck.

Even though he was sitting, he was still very tall for me. His posture, like always, was very straight.

He stiffened under my hold but, after few minutes he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in his chest further. His hold was very tight against my body.

After few minutes, I decided that it was enough hug time for a day.

I tried to pull back but he tightened his arms more. "Stay, I want to- no you can go. And call Antonio. he must be in the kitchen."