𝐋𝐈. EVERMORE

❝ VICES ❞
June 17th, 2025

REAL LIFE  RORY!

Rory took a peak out of the curtains and was promptly pulled back, letting the cloth fall shut and cutting him off from seeing the guests gathering outside, taking seats — "Pick a seat, not a side!" Bad called out from where he was greeting people at the entrance. Rowan spun, seeing Clay keeping a tight hold on his arm. He rolled his eyes, elbowing his friend away from him.

"Techno's going to see you if you keep that up," he scolded.

"I just wanna see who's coming," Rory whined, sitting down. He was careful to spread his dress out around him so it didn't wrinkle or get stuck. Clay sighed, sitting across from him. Rory was stretched across a soft fabric covered bench, while Dream sat on a plush red ottomen. The Bride's Parlor — an outdated name, if you asked him — was beautiful and quaint, with enough space for the groomsmen — all eight of them — to lounge around until the ceremony began.

In Rory's party, there was Wilbur, his best man, Clay, Nick, and Tubbo. In Techno's party, there was Phil, his best man, Eret, Ranboo, and Tommy. Four pairs would walk down the asile, and Rory would be married in just under an hour. He could feel his stomach twisting with nerves.

"Are you ready?" Will asked, kneeling beside the seat Rory was on. "We've got five minutes."

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Rory announced.

"Yeah? You should've seen Techno this morning," Phil commented. "Pacing his room, checking that the colar scheme was right, the works. You'll be fine," he insisted.

". . . I'm gonna throw up," Rory muttered, getting to his feet quickly and beginning to pace the room. "I can't—"

"Oi, Rory," Tommy said, placing his hands on Rory's shoulders to stop him. "Do you love him?"

Rory stared. Tommy was taller than him, and he had to look up. Tommy looks surprisingly presentable considering two factors — one, when Rory had told him about the dress code, Tommy had looked offended by the mere existence of ties, and, two, Ranboo and Tubbo had actually chosen his outfit, having no idea what size clothing he even wore. Despite his nerves, Rory smiled at Tommy. It was nice, knowing that while he may not have wanted to dress up, he did it for Rory on his wedding day to make Rory happy.

"Of course I love him," Rory said.

"Then marry him, for Christ's sake! You aren't doing this for anyone else but yourself, what's stopping you? We'll all turn around when you kiss if you want!" Tommy exclaimed. Rory laughed, shaking his head. Leave it to Tommy to make Rory feel better.

"No, it's— you're right," Rory sighed, bringing Tommy in for a hug. Tommy grunted in annoyance at having to bend down. 'Thank you, Toms."

"Anytime," Tommy muttered, patting Rory's back before stepping away.

"Two minutes," Will spoke up, smiling at his two brothers with a certain glimmer of adoration in his eyes. "Shall we line up?"

Rory took a breath and nodded.

Will and Phil took their places at the front of the line; behind them was Clay and Eret, then Ranboo and Nick, and finally Tommy and Tubbo. Rory's knees felt weak. Waiting for the less-than-two-minutes to pass seemed to take an hour.