33.

Omniscient

Dave sat up and groaned, wiping the blood that dripped from his lip.

"I've always wanted to do that," Gregory flexed his knuckles with a smile.

"You a bitch, you know that?" Dave said spitting blood onto the floor. "Tell me where the baby is so I can leave,"

"Did you think you were gonna come in here and just take him?" Gregory laughed taking a seat in front of Dave who was tied to a chair.

"Bring the baby," He snapped his fingers and one the men left the room and came back holding Samar.

Dave sighed in relief that Samar was still alive but there was still the issue of getting out with both him and Naala alive.

"This isn't your son so why do you care?" Gregory asked with a look of humor,

"He's just a kid man," Dave shook his head. "Let him go home to his mama,"

"But she took my children from me," Gregory said in response. "Both of them, she's lucky I only took him." He added leaning back to take Samar.

"Your step dad is about to die," Gregory spoke to him, rocking him gently. Samar stared back, sucking on his hand.

Dave concentrated on rubbing the ropes against the chair while Gregory was distracted. If he could at least get free, he could get Samar and find Naala.

"I'm surprised she took you back," Gregory spoke making Dave stay still. "I really thought she was stronger than that. It's a shame,"

"Where is she?" Dave asked with a mug,

"Somewhere probably fucking to get her son back," Gregory nodded. "She gives pussy away for free on a normal day so at least she'll have a purpose today," He laughed.

"Shut the fuck up," Dave said angrily. "Don't talk about my wife like that,"

"Your wife!" Gregory shouted in laughter. "I had one of those, till she killed her," He said his laughter ceasing. He stood to his feet quickly and forced Samar into one of his guards hands.

"Do you know what she did to her?" He spoke closely to Dave's face trailing the knife across his cheek.

"Nah," Dave mumbled still rubbing the rope against the chair.

"Cut her up like she was a doll and then set fire to the house. I found pieces of her in our garage," Gregory answered shaking his head.

"So I might aswell do the same thing to you," He mumbled using the knife to slice Dave's face. The blood poured out quickly, the wound widening.

Dave gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw, trying not to make it obvious that it hurt.

"Boss we've got a problem," One of the men said stepping forward. Gregory stood up straight and turned around.

"He's on the phone," The man continued handing Gregory the phone.

"Shit," Gregory cursed, his pale face going red. "Don't move," He mocked Dave before leaving the room.

Dave hissed and threw his head back. His face was throbbing and the ropes still weren't budging, all he could think of was how to get free.

"Come on," He gritted out as he started to rub his hands up and down faster. He felt the rope fray slightly but he didn't want to break it completely.

"Seems as your girl is causing more problems than I thought," Gregory announced as he reentered the room.

The slamming of the door obviously scared Samar because Dave heard his loud screams from where he was tied up.