Sanctuary

Mamoru's eyes slowly opened as he noticed that he was holding something.

He couldn't really tell what it was as had just woken up.

As his eyes fully opened, he noticed that two people were conversing with eachother.

It was Subaru and Emilia.

He also noticed that the thing he was holding was Subaru, his arms were wrapped around his stomach as he used his chest as a pillow.

Subaru and Emilia seemed to notice him finally waking up as their conversation ended.

Subaru: Hey, you, you're finally awake.

Mamoru chuckled as he unwrapped his arms from his stomach as he moved slightly away from Subaru to sit normally.

Mamoru: Really? A Skyrim reference?

Emilia: Umm, what's a "skirim"?

Mamoru didn't bother to answer her question as he layed down on the carriage bench.

Subaru: You're still tired? Well, I guess you only slept for a while before we left.

Mamoru looked at him with a confused look.

Mamoru: Huh? What do you mean we left? Left to whe- HOLY SHIT WE'RE ALREADY GOING TO THE SANCTUARY?!

Mamoru shot up from his seat as his brain finally comprehended where they were.

They were currently traveling towards the Sanctuary.

His little "reaction" also seemed to surprise and scare both Emilia and Subaru.

While Emilia just wore a surprised look on her face, totally not expecting that reaction. Subaru quickly frowned slightly as he brought his hand up and karate chopped Mamoru on the head.

Mamoru held his head as he confusingly looked at Subaru.

Mamoru: Eehhhh?! What was that for?!

Subaru: What do you think you're doing while Emilia-tan is here? What if she learns what swear words are?

While Subaru had a disapproving look on his face, Mamoru's face quickly became filled with irritation.

Mamoru: So the problem wasn't even the fact I swore? I'm sensing some unfair treatment here and Emilia isn't even our family!

Subaru: Hah? Don't you understand that you could corrupt Emilia-tan's status as E.M.T?! What if she starts throwing around slurs as if it were no tommorow? It would completely ruin her innocence!

Emilia then suddenly started giggling at their little argument. Although it could barely be called that, she didn't really know what Subaru meant with "ruining her innocence" but she found it funny eitherway.

Their "argument" stopped as Subaru looked like he was about to die from happiness at seeing Emilia giggling so cutely. While Mamoru pouted at the reaction Emilia got from Subaru by simply giggling.

Still though, Mamoru still realized his mistake by going into Echidna's realm. He needed to know if Beatrice was in the carrige somewhere or not.

Mamoru: [Hey, Father?]

Subaru: [Yea? What's up?]

Mamoru: [You did tell Beako about the whole assasins thing with Elsa and Meili, right?]

Mamoru noticed that Subaru's face instantly changed to one filled with sadness, it broke Mamoru's heart to see his Father like this, but he needed to know.

Subaru: [Yea...I told Beako about the assasins and that they will come to the mansion in a few days.]

This made Mamoru sigh in relief, he wanted to make sure that Beatrice protected the other mansion residents just in case they arrived slightly late.