Chapter 19

The sound of Momo's whines reached the ears of everyone close by, earning herself judging stares. She just couldn't believe it, the results have been announced and she had ranked lower than Tzuyu. "This has to be some kind of mistake!"

The 2nd placer laughed mockingly at the elf who had ranked 4th in the entrance exam while shooing her off. "Stand behind me, inferior" Tzuyu said jokingly. She was indeed happy being in 2nd place among the hundreds of examinees─ but she couldn't help but feel a bit frustrated for not snatching 1st place.

And that was why she was relieving herself by messing with Momo who was even more frustrated than her. "Calm down, you still ranked higher than most people. You don't have to be so bothered about it"

"I don't want to hear that from you, Ms. 3rd place!" Dahyun was also above Momo.

"Want to hear it from me then?" Chaeyoung, the 5th placer, chimed in while comforting the pointy eared woman.

"Chaeyoung~ you're the only one who understands me!" The elf hugged the shorter girl tightly, wrapping her legs around her waist and was now being carried like a baby.

"You're mad about me ranking higher than you but you're not even going to say anything about Y/n over here?" Tzuyu pointed at the top examinee who easily stole 1st place, the whole exam was basically child's play for her.

"That's only expected of Y/n! After all, she almost broke my arm as if it was a mere stick!" Momo hopped off Chaeyoung and pointed her finger at the taller. "You, on the other hand, are on the same level as me which makes you my rival! And who in the 6 worlds would be happy about losing to their rival?!"

Tzuyu definitely didn't fancy her declaration of rivalry, she had already convinced herself that Momo was weaker than her and to hear the elf saying they were equals made Tzuyu want to throw Momo back to world 2. "Why you little─"

Just before the 2 could start a fist fight that could eventually turn into a bloody mess, Y/n immediately got in between them. "How about we go grab lunch? All 5 of us did pass so let's celebrate!"

Her proposal seemed to have worked after Momo and Tzuyu's stomach rumbled, making the duo look away in embarrassment before nodding in defeat. Although, that didn't stop them from exchanging glares during the time they ate.

"They sure do get along well" Y/n said, genuinely deeming them a good match for each other while Dahyun looked at her as if she was either blind or stupid.

"Your eyesight must be quite bad if you think those two are getting along" Y/n chuckled at her reply before placing her chin on her palm, staring at them with amused eyes.

"Those who fight frequently are often considered to be the ones that are truly close. Arguments aren't always bad, sometimes when different opinions clash they bring two or more individuals closer by knowing their views on certain things" She explained and smiled at the 2 girls who were too busy arguing. "That's why I think they make a great duo. I'm pretty sure this rivalry of theirs won't last long but their friendship definitely will."

"Hm, I suppose you aren't as dumb as I thought you'd be" The pale girl mumbled, impressed with Y/n's words before shifting her attention back to eating.