07. 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻!

TODAY WAS A BRAND NEW DAY FOR ESZTER. The memories of her encounter with Agnes were erased from her mind as she branded herself a new person for another day of being in Westview, and Eszter couldn't bring herself to dwell too much on the situation. Everything Eszter learned was pushed to the back of her mind, but Eszter was curious as one can be--especially when it involved something as huge as being a witch. Never mind the fact that Eszter is supposedly this oh-so-powerful witch, otherwise known as the Dark One. A witch who studied dark magic.

     Early in the morning, Eszter had rushed out of Wanda's house and forced herself on a short walk around town, greeting people along the way. Surprisingly, there were many people out and about, exploring the streets and enjoying the pleasant sun. Eszter hadn't seen Wanda yet, but her sister had hurried out of the house with Vision as they bid Eszter a short goodbye before they left her alone.

     So when Eszter returned to the house, it was empty; much to her dismay, the teenager was reluctantly left alone in a place that didn't belong to her and was too big for one person. It was only a couple of hours before the talent show starts, and from what Wanda had told her, the individual acts were rehearsing their part of the show; in the meantime, Eszter planned to make herself something to eat and relax at home.

     Eszter walked into the kitchen and made her way toward it, pulling it open and peering inside. The brunette takes out two eggs and shuts the door as she places them on the counter to retrieve a pan for herself, and once she does, she slicks it with oil before cracking her eggs into it. Eszter swirls her finger in the air, making the two egg yolks mix and forming one giant mess for her scrambled eggs. Adding a bit of salt and pepper, Eszter waited a few more minutes before twisting the knob of the stove until it clicked off.

     How strange has Eszter's life gotten? She'd cackle nervously whenever she'd think about it because it was so surreal, not even Eszter could believe it herself. Eszter's mind drifted toward Agnes and her small lesson on witches--witches. A scoff was lodged in the back of her throat at the reminder, but there was this weird feeling, one where Eszter felt terrified, and her heart just plummeted into her stomach. The reality was seeping in when she wished it wouldn't, but it seemed like nothing good ever happens in Eszter's life--not even when she's traveled as far as to another state.

     'The Dark One wasn't born but forged, created for a purpose, you see.'

     A purpose. That's what Hydra had said to Eszter, telling the Maximoffs that their purpose would be to destroy the Avengers and become the heroes of their country; that never happened. Eszter's powers resulted in more of her downfall, and she (and her siblings) found themselves with an even worse thing than Hydra. A robot was telling Eszter what her purpose was, and that was to destroy the Avengers from the inside out. How ironic.

     'The Dark One's sole purpose is to destroy another witch who's just as powerful as she, maybe more.'

     Now, Eszter has to destroy another witch who's as powerful as she? She doesn't even know who that is, and she's afraid to find out because this so-called Scarlet Witch had been hunting the Dark One. And now, Eszter has to keep an eye out for a woman who wants to kill Eszter and steal her magic. Great. To think, Eszter thought Westview would be her escape, but it turned out to be just as bad as everything else in her life. There's no escaping reality.

     Eszter distracts herself by shoving a spoonful of her eggs into her mouth as she carries her bowl of scrambled eggs toward the couch. A wandering mind has never been Eszter's best idea, and if she can avoid overthinking about her reality, then maybe she can forget everything Agnes told her.

     Eggs. Eggs are good. These eggs are delicious. Now, this is getting ridiculous, even for Eszter.

     Later that morning, Eszter washed her dishes and quickly changed into a new set of clothes for the talent show that was getting ready to start. It wasn't going to take long for Eszter to get to the area where it's being hosted, so Eszter took her time and freshening up. By the time the teenager was pulling her hair into a half up-do, the doorbell had rung throughout the empty house, alerting Eszter. Quickly checking out her outfit and hair, Eszter exited the bathroom and made her way straight to the front door, but to her surprise, the door was already flinging open.