Notes n' Wine

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"You have everything?" I asked, straightening the collar of her pink polo shirt, the Hogwarts express steaming and buzzing with students before us "All your clothes and all your books?"

"Yes, mum" Elora rolled her eyes with a smile "Now go before dad leaves without you" she laughed, the sound that had been filling my ears the past few months, one I always missed when she left—when they both left.

"Ok, ok" I smiled and wrapped her in a tight hug "Write me as soon as you get there and please take care of your brother"

"Oui, now let go!" she groaned "You're embarrassing me!" She squealed, trying her best to wiggle out from the tight grasp of my hug.

"I love you!" I shouted with a cheeky grin.

"Why is it always me? Go embarrass Lorenzo!" She pushed herself away from me with an annoyed Frown on her face.

"Your brother will have his time. He's over there getting the guy talk from your father" I nodded my head to the left where we could see Draco and Lorenzo in the distant crowd, talking about whatever it is they do "But seriously, look out for him"

"I will" she smiled, watching as Draco and Lorenzo made their way towards us.

"And you!" I wrapped Lorenzo in a hug just as tight "You have so much fun, baby. I love you"

"I love you too, mum" he said shyly "I gotta go before Xavier gets on the train before me. We made a bet!" He clapped his hands together before pulling from my hug and running off onto the train.

"Elora" Draco said, catching both of our attention "Anything goes wrong or you need us at anytime, don't hesitate to send an owl and absolutely no boys until you're 28" he reached down and placed a kiss on her cheek "I'm serious, Elora. Mattais puts so much as a finger on you, he's getting clipped"

"Dad! Jeez" Elora looked around herself with her eyes wide, making sure no one heard what he had just said "He's just my friend"

"He's a little shit—"

"Draco" I frowned as i tapped him up the side of the head. He rolled his eyes and turned his gaze back to Elora.

"I love you and have fun" he finally smiled before sending her on her way. We watched until the train doors closed, the loud whistle ringing in my head just the same as my first time standing on this platform 22 years ago, watching with a tear escaping my eye as they waved and traveled down the track.

For another year.

"Thank fuck they're gone"

"Shit—Kehlani!" I placed a hand on my chest, breathing out heavily "You can't just come up behind me like that"

"Sorry, dude" she laughed "But honestly. How good is it?"

"No, I miss them too much" I shook my head and linked my arm in hers "The manor is way too quiet without their banter"

"Can't say the same for mine. I mean, I love them with all my heart but Merlin they drive me crazy!" She exclaimed "Albus and I barley get a look in with each other these days"

"That's something I can't relate to" I said with a sly smirk.

"Oh, do tell" she smirked, wrapping her arm tightly around mine as well.

"The other night, just after dinner. The kids had gone to bed then Draco and I—"

"Anna" Draco interrupted "Really?" He rose an eyebrow.

"Piss off, Paris Hilton" Kehlani held a hand up to Draco's face "Go find Albus, she's mine for the evening"

"Who the fuck—Y'know what? I'll see you at home" he shrugged it off and reached down to place a kiss on my cheek "I'll cook, Chérie"