12.

[Thank you, guys, for the support. I appreciate it. I was told people are making homophobic comments when Amber is mentioned. Please be mindful of what you say.]

▲▲▲

"Can we go somewhere...and talk?" He questioned Jersey.

"I guess..." Jersey trailed off while looking over at Abshir. He nodded his head, wanting his daughter to fix whatever they had going on.

Her eyes eased on Malcolm, who was now checking Harlem out for the second time. She furrowed her eyebrows. The man was acting like Harlem was being abused.

"In the room." Jersey responded.

"Do you want me to get Harlem?" Amber questioned Malcolm. Her eyes traveled over to the infant who was looking over his daddy's shoulder. Malcolm made sure to support his back and neck. After all, he was still a newborn. Harlem had strength in his neck already, but it wasn't enough.

"I got him," Malcolm replied to Amber.

"No, give her the baby." Jersey objected while fidgeting with her hands. "He doesn't need to be around this."

Hesitantly, Malcolm passed the infant over to Amber. She welcomed him into her arms warmly.

Jersey started walking to the back with Malcolm behind her. She didn't know how to feel at the moment because everything was happening so fast. The woman was enjoying her stay at Abshir's. She loved the peaceful aura that filled the house. No arguing, no bitterness, no pettiness. Just peace.

When they made it inside the guest room, Malcolm shut and locked the door behind him.

Jersey took a seat on the edge of the bed and clasped her hands together. She looked over at Malcolm, who seemed very calm. She was surprised he wasn't trying to put his hands on her. She did leave New York with his son.

Quintin would've snatched her up and probably choked the life out of her. Jersey thought to herself as she watched Malcolm. He sat in the chair and placed his attention on her.

"Harlem is good...."

Malcolm eased his eyes on her. He didn't speak for a while. The man decided to watch her instead. He took in her appearance and noticed how good she looked. Her curly hair was pulled into a ponytail by a large scrunchie. Edges laid to semi-perfection. Curls embroidered her poufy ponytail; Her coppered-colored hair was flourishing out tremendously.

Jersey's body was a piece of artwork. She managed to keep her athletic build after birthing Harlem. However, Malcolm knew she gained very little weight in certain areas. He watched her closely—with and without clothes on.

"What" He finally pushed out.

"You were checking Harlem out as if he's being mistreated or something." She narrowed her eyes at the man and said, "He's good."

Malcolm had his reasons to check Harlem out. He didn't forget about how she treated the baby during her pregnancy. The man just wanted to make sure his son wasn't being harmed. Jersey was mentally unstable, and he knew she wasn't taking her medication—judging from the medicine bottles she left on her nightstand.

He wouldn't tell her that. Malcolm knew it would probably hurt her.

"I'm just making sure..." Malcolm trailed off.

"Well..." Jersey leaned forward and said, "What do you want to talk about?"

"Us..." He sighed before saying, "And the shit we got going on."

"I don't have anything going on." Jersey retorted smartly with a headshake.

"We do have a lot of shit going on." Malcolm pushed out.