Chapter 116: A deep sleep

Edric's P.O.V.

Throughout from either minutes to an hour, Eda answers their questions. If course she answers better than I could. But finally this game of twenty questions comes to an end. "It's about time. We can finally go to-" Looking down, I see Hunter has already fallen asleep.

I lean my head down and peck him on the forehead, making sure to keep quiet so Raine doesn't see. While I get into a more comfortable position for sleeping, I pull Hunter closer but making sure not wake him before giving him a peck on the forehead the second time.

But in the morning I should train. I need to get stronger. What if he dies next time? And it's all my fault? He's been working like a dog, and I haven't even improved my magic.

.

.

.

Once my vision has captured what's in the vision, I lift up my upper body, feeling refreshed and not tired. The sun's rays shine on me and Hunter. He's still asleep? He's usually the first up. Is he still tired? Ok... Gotta be careful. Slowly, I stand up on the couch with shaky legs- oh no! And I fall back down harshly with Hunter almost tipping off of the couch.

Oh no! Waiting for my boyfriend to yell at me, I just stay down to wait for his grumpy words. Huh? He's still asleep? But as he's almost completely fallen off, I pull my arm around him softly, and gently to pull him back while making sure to not wake him.

Ok... Gotta do it right this time. I stand up, making sure my legs are steady this time to not wake him. I put one leg on the arm of the couch. Then another. And I sit on the arm of the couch, then softly getting off.

Oh! I should be practicing! I get out of the house, away from the heavy sleeper and outside. 

At best I can create clones. Change my appearance. Not good at much else. Why didn't I pay more attention in Hexside?! Oh yeah! I sneak back inside to retrieve the book of glyphs on the table, then bringing it out with me. There must be an illusion page somewhere!

I look through the pages constantly, looking for anywhere which could fit magic of the illusion track. C'mon, c'mon- And finally! A page for that specific type of magic!

I see five on here.

The first is a spell to technically make a map in your vision. In your vision is line to mark the ground to get us to whichever destination we want.

The second one is an illusion on ourself. You cast it to erase fear from your mind but it only lasts half a minute.

The third is to manipulate one's emotions. Should I make them sad? Then they won't attack maybe?

The fourth is manipulating the caster's emotions. But what good would that ever do to me?

And the final fifth is just hallucination magic.

But which one to start with?

(Do these spells fit in?)