36 | drowned blood

"What are you talking about?" Enzo demanded starring at him confused

The way he lifted his head I could never mistake that expression.

That undefeated full of humiliation and terror. Scared that you had gone behind someone's back without knowing and fearing they wouldn't believe you had never ignition to do it.

"If you are beating yourself up for this, don't," I spoke breaking the silence.

He was giving himself the fault for something he had probably thought to be something normal.

Looking up he just starred into my eyes, not one world leaving his mouth.  

"You didn't know she was going to walk out of the house and do such things. We all walk out but come back. You didn't think much of it, did you?" I asked hearing him sight then nod.

"You can't help that your dumb." I smiled seeing his tense body loosen up.

Silas was a good man. He didn't think before he did something that was his nature. He was a free man enjoying life and hated complicating things. He was a perfect combination of his parents.

His father himself was a master thief always lurking in the shadows while his mother was an archer hiding behind a bow and arrow.

"Gee thanks." He joked chuckling.

"Always." I smiled which had gotten easier and easier with these boys.

"No seriously. Thank you, Royalty. You know.." he smiled cheekily up to me.

"You remind me of the Evil Queen." I didn't miss the pitch of adoration and sisterly love.

"Evil Queen?" I asked confused however still  leaving the smile in place. If this was his way of making a compliment he had to learn a lot.

"Yes, you know evil queens aren't actually evil. They portray themselves as evil to show others they don't care. But in the past, they cared so much that end of time she got hurt. Evil queens Roy are princesses that were never found. " I was shocked.

As a child, Lucia, Cecilia, and I were fanatics and obsessed with princesses. Which young lady wasn't? Though one thing I always saw was that I connected the most with the evil queen.

All she wanted was to be pretty, beautiful, stunning. Maybe all she asked for was a compliment.

I didn't share her sadness because I wasn't seen physically ugly but after years of letting my anger win, I was labeled as ugly.

Not when it came to my looks but when it came to the person I was. And I didn't even take it as an offense because those years back I truly was ugly.

"Thank you." I smiled seeing him nod in return.

"How do we find out where Cara is if we don't have anything on her," Augusto asked spinning some knives in his hand.

"We wouldn't even be in this position hadn't you let her into the house." I retorted narrowing my eyes at Enzo.