|CHAPTER SEVEN|

THE BATTLE COMMENCES

"We shall also inspect the school, interview the teachers and staff. It is high time that the lost glory of this school is restored"

"The only one who has manipulated me is you. As for my parents, I'm sure they would be proud to see me stand up against you! Now, if you don't mind, I am going back home. My sons are waiting for me."

Was this another method of torture he had invented?

Hazel and Marvolo apparated in front of the Ministry after all the others. By the silence, they deduced that the meeting must have begun and was in the introductory phase. They walked in silence, arm in arm towards the elevator and clicked for the lowest floor; where the meeting of the Wizengamot were held.

They approached the hall, Hazel steeling herself, and they could hear the Chief Warlock ,Dumbledore speak, "As there are no seats to be claimed today, we can start with the...."

He was rudely interrupted by Lucius, "You might be wrong Chief Warlock, there are seats to be claimed today and the claimers are on their way.

"Very well!", Dumbledore looked constipated. On cue Hazel and Marvolo entered, magical auras spreading out. The temperature seemed to drop, fear - the most prominent feeling. Hazel and Marvolo looked so imposing and powerful; all eyes were pinned on them. The sheer magnitude of their combined magic almost had some members hyperventilating; key word almost. Years of wizarding etiquette would go waste if they actually did hyperventilate.

They stepped forward. Both of them handed their inheritance test results to Dumbledore and the Minister for Magic, making sure to flash their numerous Lord/Ladyship rings. Very confidently Marvolo said, "I Lord Thomas Marvolo Riddle-Slytherin-Gaunt Ravenclaw, hereby claim the seats of the Ancient and Most Noble Houses of Gaunt, Slytherin and Ravenclaw."

Dumbledore looked furious, he knew that the Dark side would gain 23 more seats.

(AN : If you are wondering why no one made any protests at Voldemort coming into the Wizengamot, it is because of the rule "No person shall be denied the seats they rightfully deserve, regardless of age, gender, affinity or intentions". I made it up ofc)

He said, "10 seats of Slytherin House have been claimed." Mutterings.

"8 seats of Ravenclaw House have been claimed", a shocked silence.

"5 seats of Gaunt House have been claimed", an uproar, quickly dispelled.

"I declare my 23 seats dark", Marvolo predictably said.

Dumbledore looked resignedly at Hazel, he knew he did not control her anymore. She said, "I Lady Hazel Lily Potter-Black-Gryffindor-Hufflepuff-Peverell-Emerys, hereby claim the seats of the Ancient and Most Noble Houses of Potter, Black, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Peverell and Emerys."

Once Dumbledore had recited that all seats lay claimed, Hazel spoke up "I declare my 50 seats ...", she hung up, teasing the crowd and most importantly Dumbledore.

"DARK".