Chapter 47

"Is everything alright?" Damon asked peeking in and was shocked to say the least when he saw us embracing each other on the floor.

"Yes, everything is fine." I said wiping the tears away and Loranda did the same while hiding her face.

"Are you okay Lee?" He asked walking towards where we sat.

"Yes, I'm fine. We just need a doctor for Loranda and we could change her room as well. " I answered.

"Okay then." He raised me up and let out a small smile and he hugged me. Oh how I love his embrace.

" Do you need anything else?" I asked Loranda and she said she didn't.

We stepped outside and Damon asked for her to be transferred to another room and well taken care of and then we went to our room.

I know he was itching to ask me what happened but didn't want to till we were well settled.

"So what happened between you both?" He asked and I spilled out every thing I knew.

He seemed to have been shocked when I mentioned the alpha king and the prophecy but it didn't seem as if he was hearing about it for the first time. Did he know something about all of this?

"She has to be protected, we need to come up with a plan. They will soon find her." He said and I nodded. She has to be protected no matter what.

"I'll have to talk to her as well. " He said and I nodded. I felt really tired. Why were things becoming more complicated?

"You need to rest. This must be a lot to take in. " He helped lay me down and I got ready to take a nap.

"It is, I just feel so bad for her and hope all of this ends soon. I hope the true alpha king does something about it soon. "

"I'm sure he will. " Damon said then turned to leave but turned back to look at me. "About that...."

He couldn't complete his statement as Aria barged in, she was badly injured.

"What happened to you?" We asked in unison rushing to meet her.

"We were attacked while hunting." She replied.

Damon swiftly called for a doctor. "Where did this happen and why? "

"It happened not too far away from the pack. They said it was a warning to you to stay out of their way. We managed to fight them off but one escaped." I turned to look at Damon, was he involved in anything I didn't know about?

"They will be back soon, we'll call for a pack meeting, we'll get the army ready, we need to be prepared." Great, more trouble! Damon went to her side inspecting her. She seemed to have been shot on her leg.

A stretcher came in and she was taken to a ward leaving just Damon and I.

" Who's way are you to stay away from?" I asked and he turned to look at me.

"I really have no idea Lee but right now I need to keep the pack safe. I'll be having a pack meeting soon. You should rest, you need to regain your strength completely, you've not healed properly. Go to bed, I'll sort things out." He kissed my cheeks and gave me a small smile before leaving.

I sat on the bed and sighed as he left. Couldn't we really rest? There's always one problem or another.

I needed to speak to Jonathan and Sam as well. We will help in whatever way we can. Loranda was still too weak and needed to rest properly. But what did this people want and who were they?

I pondered on this thought until I closed my eyes.

I woke up to someone stroking my hair, I was a bit startled but it was just Damon. He let out a chuckle after seeing my expression and I playfully punched him.