Chapter 30

I am impressed that I managed to lose Childe to Diluc on both my main account and on the old account that I abandoned a long time ago. Why do you do this to me Childe? Why can't I win 50/50 at least once?

You lean on the door frame and wave at the blond male who is stretching himself

You lean on the door frame and wave at the blond male who is stretching himself. 'Good mornin'. Don't you think that you need some more sleep?'

'Oh (Y/N), you didn't vanish. I am glad to see that.'

'Of course not. How could I leave my friend who worked so hard to find me that he collapsed out of exhaustion?' Even though your words are spoken with a joking undertone, your expression signals Aether that he shouldn't repeat what he has done in your absence.

'Sorry for worrying you. Where are we anyways?', he inspects his surroundings.

'The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor Director's home. Mister Zhongli and (Y/N) carried you here after you passed out.', Paimon answers in your stead.

'Before you ask, that person is a friend of mine, that's why we chose this place. But back to the previous topic: Are you really sure that you don't want to sleep some more? It have been only a few hours and there is no need to rush.'

Aether nods.

'Alright then. What to do next..?' You pause and think for a moment. 'Did you guys already look for the Cocogoat?'

Paimon furrows her brows. 'The Cocogoat that doesn't exist?'

'Exactly. That means the next logical thing to happen would be going to the Jade Chamber.' Everyone around you seems to be confused by your statement, so you elaborate further. 'Of course only after an invite by the Tianquan of the Liyue Qixing, Ningguang.'

'Paimon has heard about that place, but why would we need to go there?'

'Who knows~', you hum smiling.

'Paimon guesses that this are all the hints you will give us for now. How and when will we get the invite though?'

'Someone will tell you that you are invited. The question when that is, is a good one. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. I really don't know.', you shrug.

'So we just walk around Liyue hoping that someone approaches us?'

'Yep. I mean technically we could go there right now, but that would be hella sus and questionable. Could I suggest what to do today?'

'As long as it isn't something stupidly dangerous...', Aether answers hesitantly.

'Is climbing up mountains to enjoy the scenery stupid?'

'Considering that after the last time your fingers were bloody, yes.'

'Damn, I completely forgot about that... How about walking around Liyue then?'

'I think that would be an invitation for that on Harbinger that is after you.'

'But that would mean that everything outside is too dangerous... You can't just forbid me to leave this house, you know?', you whine.