35- painful past

" You hungry yn? Should I cut some fruits?" You heard Nara yell from the kitchen. 

"No Ajhumma, I will ask you or better cut myself if I need. You can go and rest up" you replied back , before focusing back on your book. 

It was the same crime thriller you started a few days back and to say you were obsessed would definitely be an understatement. It was so engaging and exciting that you could finish it in just two days but as much as you would love that, you don't want to rush and end this book too soon. So you took your time to absorb every detail . 

And finally today you were at the climax, you were totally engrossed in it. Sighing, and frowning every now and then.

Today was a weekday so Yun was in school as for Namjoon he too had some important work in the office so he decided to finally step out of the house after days. 

As much as you shouldn't, you were insanely missing his presence. Even if he was at home he would be in his office most of the time but still he would just come out and check up on you and have small talk every now and then and then go back to his office . 

It was definitely unhealthy how much you were getting used to him and this environment but that thought now barely crossed your mind.  even if it did, you always chose to ignore it.

For the first time in your life you have lowered your guard and tried to be selfish, enjoying things around you without bothering about the future. As much as it scared you, you didn't want to face it just yet. You wanted to treasure the moment. 

Even if it was your wishful thinking you wanted to believe that you finally had someone who loves you and cares for you, finally you have someone other than Yun as your family. 

Even if it was temporary, you wanted to experience what it is like to be loved? To be cared for? To be protected? To have a companion? 

It isn't wrong, is it?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Goshh! How are the writers so talented? I can't believe how can someone be this good" 

You exclaimed, walking into Namjoon's office which also had a small library in the corner. He had stacked various books of various kinds on them. 

You placed the book on the shelf where you had placed all the other books Namjoon had brought for you.

Despite living in this apartment for months, you hadn't been in this room until a few weeks. You weren't any curious or nosy person, you never felt the need to enter his workspace and look around especially without his consent. 

It was just a few weeks back when he first brought you here, along with the new ones he gave you permission to Pick and read any from his collection too. 

Rummaging through various shelfs one book with a black cover caught your attention, it wasn't placed in between the book instead above it. You took it out looking at it curiously. You casually turned a few pages when something fell on the floor. 

" Ultrasound picture?"