16) Love

Isabella's pov,
It's been a week since I told Rafe that I wouldn't have sex with him if he didn't apologize to my friends and he still hasn't apologized. So clearly he doesn't care about that. I was currently sitting on John B's boat hanging with the pogues. "Who's Lizzie?" I asked out of the blue as all the pogues looked at me confused. "There are many lizzies in this world bel. Like Lizzie the touron who I had amazing sex with-" "okay. I don't need to know that JJ. I'm talking about a kook Lizzie who probably used to sleep with Rafe" I cut JJ off making Sarah look down at her feet guiltily. "Sarah?" I called out to her confused. She sighed before saying "Lizzie and Rafe were more than just sex buddies. I think Lizzie fell in love but Rafe didn't so when Lizzie asked Rafe to be her boyfriend he rejected her. After that Lizzie has hated Rafe because no one ever rejects Lizzie Waters as she says". My mood dropped after hearing the story. "Rafe lied to me. He said she was a random kook that he slept with" I let out in a sour tone. Pope caressed my hand in order to comfort me. "That's the kind of thing you should expect when you date the kook king" JJ let out spitefully.

I went home at night after a full day of hanging with the pogues. I was really tired of Rafe at this point. I was about to fall asleep when ma entered my room. "Baby. Are you okay?" She asked me softly as she sat on my bed with me. "Yes ma" I told her with a fake smile that I knew she'd understand. "No you're not. Is it Rafe?" She asked me again this time making me burst into tears. She quickly came to my side taking me in a warm hug. "Oh baby! I understand it's hard dating someone like Rafe. But do you know why you're still with him?" She asked me again softly and I looked up at her in confusion. She chuckled softly at my confusion before saying "It's because you're in love silly". I gasped in realization and sat up. "I l-love Rafe?" I questioned myself. She patted my back and nodded a yes at me while smiling. "Yes baby you do. I remember my first love. I used to tolerate her everything. Though I shouldn't have" she muttered guiltily. "Honey. You see the good in him even when no one else does. And even after he wronged you, you forgave him because you love him" she confirmed making my heart beat fasten. I was in love with the kook king. With the guy everyone warned me about. With the guy who shamed my friends. With the guy who was embarrassed of me at some point. I let out another sob falling into the arms of my ma unaware of a certain kook king listening to our conversation outside my window.

The next morning I expected to wake up alone but saw my moms on either side of me sleeping peacefully making me happy. It's been so long since I cuddled up to my moms. I got up carefully and went downstairs to grab some food before going to work when I got a text from pope saying that Rafe had offered him and JJ some expensive beers and said sorry before leaving the pogues awkwardly. I smiled softly before typing in some response. But my mind was filled with questions like if Rafe only did that because he enjoyed sex with me and not because he cared about me. And here I was totally in love with him. I shook off these thoughts and wrote a small thank you note for my parents before leaving to work.

"Can I get two chicken burgers and fries?" Topper asked me as I went to take his and kelce's order. Why wasn't Rafe with them? "Yeah sure" I let out and wrote the order. "Anything else?" I asked looking at them. Both of them nodded at each other before kelce spoke out "I'm sorry for the way I behaved at midsummers. Now that you're rafe's girlfriend. I would like to get to know you better so we can be friends". I gave him a small smile and told him it was okay. Atleast he was trying. "I'm sorry too Isabella. For everything. I hope we can get past it and become friends too" Topper told me in a genuine tone. "Yeah. I guess time will tell" I told him before going to the kitchen.