Introduction

The sequel to Did You Get Your Period is here. And my original, a handful of readers will know that I have already tried writing the sequel twice and unpublished it because I lost the plot halfway through the story. Something along the lines of Shweta solving murders started happening, midway.

And then, I simply decided to cut off a portion of the Author's note in the final chapter of Did You Get Your Period? that stated that there would be a sequel. The plan for writing a sequel wasn't off, but I needed to be in a better headspace to come up with a plot that wasn't wafer-thin.

I will never be able to express how grateful I am for the number of readers that Did You Get Your Period has managed to receive. The reads that it has been far, far more than what I would've ever imagined that it would receive. And that is why I feel a greater sense of responsibility to perfect the sequel. To make sure that it turns into exactly what it needs to turn into.

And wherever my vision has led this story to wander, I pray does not disappoint you.

This is book is by no means perfect and I will come back within a year and cringe, I know. It is imperfect in a lot of ways; but mostly because I've written it to be true and real. One of the reasons Did You Get Your Period was largely appreciated was for being as unconventional as it was. It was rocky, honest and at most times had an MC who really didn't know what she was doing. And so is this sequel, whose name I hope you can say without cringing. I know it's kind of cheesy- but it really fits our flawed Shweta. 

I wanted there to be at least thirty chapters in this book, excluding an epilogue. But by a little miscalculation, I've managed to write an extra chapter as well. And before you start wondering about the updates, here's some information on that:

There are going to be daily updates, with one chapter every day. The book has already been written and thus I will have no problem publishing it. Except that of course, before every publishing session, I will go through the mistakes and tweak the problems where they need to be tweaked. But other than, that it should be good. And there likely isn't going to be a time frame as to what part of the day I'll publish it in but I swear, I'll publish it before the end of the day.

Thank you for choosing to read my stories and for believing in their potential. Your comments keep me going through the worst of my days. 

I love writing these stories, watching their worlds come alive. Thank you for giving my story love and being a part of this journey with me! Happy reading!

Much love,

shortgirlbigbook <3

Copyright Disclaimer:

All rights reserved. Periods, Pyaar and Patriarchy © By shortgirlbigbook.

No part of this book may be reproduced without expressed written permission from the author except for brief quotations in a book review or likewise.

Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.