93. a party, a kiss & a slap

CLAUDIA AND BETTY found themselves regretting the decision of wearing healed shoes as they walked all the way from the Ravenclaw tower to where the Slug Club Christmas party was kept

"Weren't they supposed to meet us here?" Betty asked Claudia as the two arrived outside the party, referring to Remus, James and Sirius, who were in fact supposed to meet them there.

"You're optimistic if you think they have the patience to wait," Claudia snorted, already walking inside so that she could find the boy that was always on her mind.

"Dragon tartare?" Claudia heard Peter's voice say from her left as soon as she and Betty had walked inside. The boy was apparently serving at the party, considering the white shirt he was wearing and the silver tray that he was carrying.

"Oh! I've always wanted to try one of these!" Said Betty, taking a tartare and shoving it into her mouth, and then regretting doing so immediately. "Yuck! That's disgusting!"

"Sorry," Peter mumbled. "Didn't get the chance to warn you."

"You owe me, Pettigrew," Betty said with a grimace, and then she caught eye of Sirius and James, who were both waving her over to them. "That's my cue."

"Where are you going?"

"They've got some festive drinks," Betty whispered with a smirk, running off and making Claudia smile at the thought of her being comfortable enough to be alone with the two Gryffindor boys.

"How did you end up here?" Claudia then asked Peter.

"Well, I wasn't invited and honestly I wanted to be here because there's bound to be some drama," he said with a grin.

"That's why?"

"No," he chuckled. "Slughorn cornered me. At least I'm lucky I don't have to clean up after. Well, I guess I should get back to my servant duties."

"Have fun!" Claudia said with a teasing grin.

"I definitely won't," Peter mumbled as he walked away and continued to offer the tartares on his silver plate to other students.

Claudia chuckled slightly, before she took in the room. The walls were covered in emerald, crimson and gold hangings, bringing all the festive feelings to every guest. It was quite crowded in there, and quite warm as well, but Claudia couldn't help but to smile and let her eyes lit up at the sight of such a festive party.

She had always loved Christmas.

"Hi," she suddenly heard a familiar voice whisper in her ear. "Fancy seeing you here."

Claudia's smile grew immediately at Remus' voice as she turned around to face him.

What she was met by as she turned around wasn't exactly a surprise, considering the fact that Remus always looked like a complete daydream, but she immediately felt her cheeks heat up and the butterflies flutter in her stomach nonetheless.