Chapter 11

After the battle, everything seemed to get back to what it was. The city was running again, people were back to their jobs, and SHIELD still keeping an eye out in every direction. If people were spending quality time with their family more no one out really pointed it out. The battle left a mark in different ways some less than others but still changed lives. The alien conspiracies were off the chart! The battle opened up numerous possibilities and some took advantage of that.

The Mandarin. A new threat, a terrorist group made their debut. There is no rest for the wicked, even if the world now knew aliens exist. The Mandarin had been responsible for multiple bombings and Nick once again needed to get his agents back to work. Percy (who also works in SHIELD) waved off his dad's apologies for not being able to join him on his day off.

That is part of the reason why Nick was angry. But if the issue is Stark the Director was always a bit annoyed. Dam Stark and his hacking skills.

"Stark did what now?" Nick demanded harshly at the agent who was reporting.

"He- Uh sent his home address to the Mandarin via news and they exploded his home in Malibu shortly after..." the poor agent finished his voice getting quieter as he talked. Director Fury looked absolutely angry to those who knew him. Outside he was still, calm. Too calm.

"Is he alive?"

"We- have no idea, sir.. his whole mansion exploded and sank into the sea."

A tense silence filled the room. If the world was a cartoon a tick would have shown on the Director's bald forehead.

A ringing sound of a phone pierced through the thick silence. Who in the right mind would not put their phone on vibrate at work! A secret government group at that? Furious Fury may be a joke among the agents but it was not a lie.

The agents were glancing at each other with urgent eyes to warn them to turn off the still ringing phone. Did the person not see that Director Fury is furious right now?

But everyone was shocked to see when the Director took out the phone and answered it. Nobody saw the Director... so human before as he answered the phone from his son. It will be well to mention that most of the agents were lower-level agents who didn't see much of the higher-level agents were the Directory usually stayed with.

"I thought you had the day off?" Nick said

"What?"

"You have to be kidding me" the agents flinched when their Director good to honestly chuckled! And smiled! They should mark the calendar. Was it doomsday? Who is the person on the phone?

"You have the oddest luck ever Percy. Okay, check that out. Yes, even if you already know who it is"

"Yes-yes fine I'll give you another day off" The Director finished his call. He was STILL smiling.

A female agent bravely approached the Director. "Sir? About Mr. Stark-"

"An agent has found Stark and will proceed on getting him back-" As Fury debriefed the agents one new agent whispered to a higher level agent

"Did you see that?" He asked the other agent

"See what?" She said

"The Director! He had his phone on sound! And he tells us that-"

"It's his private phone- or his PE phone."

"PE?"

"It's not a brand or anything. It's Percy Emergency. We just call it that."