Chapter 2 Part 2: A Touch of Evil

- - - - TAMAKI LODGE - - - -

School is over and Scott is at home now, he is trying to process what he has seen. Archie and Ms.Grundy he still couldn't believe it. He's sitting in his fathers old chair, with the evening sun what seems to be pouring on him. "My mind is racing, My heart is pounding. A part of me wants to turn away and pretend I didn't see what I saw, but I know if I don't it'll haunt me till the day I die. Please what should I do?" Scott looks up and he is talking to the portrait of his parents, he looks at the portrait with pleading,almost watery eyes, he still misses his parents.

- - - - POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE - - - -

Later that evening, Veronica is currently at Pop's with her Mom, who took up a job there as waitress. While the Lodge woman continue to talk Scott walks and he and Veronica lock eyes. "Hey" Scott says with Veronica saying Hi back at him. "And who might this heartbreaker be?" Hermoine says, almost trying to tease Veronica. Scott introduces himself to Hermoine and they shake hands, "So you're the famous Scott my daughter talks about" Hermoine says "He does have interesting hair" Scott plays with his hair, taking the complement. Veronica is getting ready to head home, when her mother suggest that Scott drives her home.

- - - - SCOTTS CAR- - - -

Scott is driving Veronica to the Pembroke, less so a drive and more like they are cruising to the Pembroke. "How are you and Betty" Scott asks Veronica, trying to break the tension. "I'm back to being the shallow, toxic, rich bitch who ruins everything in her path." Veronica says "Which is unfortunate, because even though I only just met Betty, it really felt like we were meant to be best friends." Scott looks at Veronica and could tell by her eyes that this really troubled her. "You can't rush these thing Veronica, Betty is less mad at you than she probably is mad at Archie right now,"
Scott says trying to make Veronica feel better, "My Grandfather told me and my brother once that relationships are limited, but Friendships are eternal. Give Betty time, I'm sure she'll come around." Scott looks back at the road while Veronica looks at Scott with a twinkle in her eye.

- - - - ANDREWS HOUSE- - - -

Archie is heading to home when he sees Scott and Jughead sitting on his steps, waiting for him. "Jug, Scott what's up?" Archie ask his new friend and his ex best friend. "What's up is we saw you, Archie. In the music room. With Ms. Grundy." Jughead says. Archie practically turns pail white with the realization that he was caught. "How long? You and Grundy?" Scott asked his red head friend and Archie confesses that he and Grundy have been seeing each other since the start of the summer. Scott could see in Archie face that he was hiding something else, "We were at Sweetwater River on July 4th. We heard a gunshot. The gunshot." Archie confesses .
Scott and Jughead can't believe what they're hearing right now. "Dude, you have to tell somebody."Jug tells his ex friend "I can't. Neither can you. If people find out about Grundy..." Suddenly Scott cuts him off "Archie! Are you hearing yourself right now?! A kid is dead, And you're worried about some... Some cougar?" Archie than starts getting defensive and this upsets Scott even more.
Scott and Jug clearly sees theirs no point in this and they begin to leave when suddenly Archie grabs Scott's arm. "Jug, Scott If you tell anyone about this..." Scott looks at Archie up and down, can not believing he's doing this, "Archie, if you don't take your hands off me..." Suddenly, as if perfect timing wasn't a thing. Fred Andrews, Archie's Dad, opens the door and invites the three boys in. Archie says they were just leaving and Scott and Jug take off, Jug walking off while Scott gets in his car and drives away.