Order Of The Alpha (Sequel Teaser)

CHAPTER 01

"His name is Creed Legion. The champion under his father, his father's father and so on. The leader of the Legion, apprentice under Rowan Argon, the vampiric ruler of the House of Shadows. Each elemental academy has a logo that represents them in front of the royal family in the annual games held each year in the time of exams. This team are the ones to avoid if you want to blend in with the world you make at this academy. No name is known outside of their realms, the human realm is not familiar, not to them. They do not even know of my own family. This would be a fresh start, a new beginning to everything, Celestine. So long as you make it so. The dragon riders of the Legions are lethal warriors to the crown and to societies at large, but they attend this school as vows to the throne, and to their purpose as riders of the fire breathers. They train students, ready them for the games and then future jobs for each one."

I stare at Athena as she tells the story of the Warriors that ride upon the mythical reptilian creatures that could breathe fire, burn down cities and ruin societies for this prestigious crown and delighted throne. Or thrones by the sound of plural games between princesses and princes at times of betrothal.

"What do you have against Creed Legion?" I ask her.

She looks at me.

"What do you have against Rowan Argon?" I ask her.

"He broke my heart."

"Which one?" I ask her, slowly. Creed or Rowan?

She looks at me, "Follow the map, make sure to be on that bus the same time as each other student. Celeste Caesar. You want to stay alive, the name dies. It's all in the file, and the information is in the drive I gave you. Memorise it and remember, no one can know your past. Not the principal, no the teachers, not the students or warriors. No one. You want to survive there, don't make a scene, you're to never back talk to anyone. Do as you're told, make introverted friends and learn how to be one. Your power must surface gradually and research is your best weapon. Not any physical weapon, you leave that to the combat trainers and students, and you aren't one of those, understand?"

TWO WEEKS LATER...

I'd never seen a girl so intent on staying hidden this up close before. Her name, Clarissa Wilson, I didn't approach her right away, sitting down close to a window seat on the bus if students who knew each other from multiple schools as well as their own. Boys and girls alike, all having come out of high school and this should have felt normal. This is what normal was, going to a prestigious college and learning, not going to balls, not worrying about getting slapped, hit, or worse. If Martin had ever gone too far and done something I didn't know if I could ever get back from.

The academy wasn't as secluded as I thought, there were village-like markets that the bus drove past. I wore no make-up, had my hair down, barely brushed but naturally straight. The brown jersey and black jeans made me look like any other girl near the back of the bus. Those in fancy skirts with the jock-like boys around them were in long coats and trench coats and had fancy bags with enough bling to outshine the sun.

I had one girl seated next to me, friends with three guys that were all groups into one. One had a cap on backwards with a lip ring and a tattooed arm. The man closest to the walking space between the seats was well-dressed in a grey long coat, hair gelled back with his fingers typing away on his phone. The girl next to me wore a blouse and dressy beige button-down pants, black heels and a red trench coat. Strawberry blonde hair that wafted vanilla essence and coconut coatings in the air around me. The guy behind us was invested in a book on ancient languages of all cultures and species.