CHAPTER 21: WAR

ROBERTO'S POV

I can feel my hand going numb after firing thousands of bullets out my caliber. Everything inside the bank is a mess, scattered papers, disassembled chairs and bullet holed cabinets. Papers are flying everywhere.

"The back up team are losing a lot of men. How are things inside the private room?" J.I asked through my earpiece. Silently refilling my gun bullets, I quickly put on a gas mask.

"I burned Takeru's papers without reading them but I sent them to Red Butterfly. They are just wasting their time cornering me  here." I replied as gas smoke started to scatter across the private room. They shouldn't have bothered doing it.

Releasing a grenade, I threw it at a group of men shooting me non-stop, bursting them into a splatter. The private room has no window but a six meter wide long metal door that has countless of bullet holes. I need to get out of here before I run out of bullets.

I quickly charged towards that door, wrestling unfamiliar people on the way. I am about to leave the place on the way I got here but there are lots of men in gray, pointing their guns at me. My legs quickly jump on another staircase nearby, avoiding the barrage of bullets. The staircase led me to a higher floor of the building.

"Dark Salamander is not far from your spot. Watch yourself." J.I. warned. I can hear lots of gunshots too outside where J.I. is fighting.

"Are the police not here yet?" I quickly asked, removing my gas mask. I don't want to be in trouble with police men because this mafia thing has nothing to do with them. If I win this war, I'll pay all of the damages we caused in this building.

"Don't worry. The spy team told them the situation. The only thing we should do now is to protect Takeru's will and testament. The future of our world lies within it." He started.

Takeru's will and testament has lots of secrets and I'm willing to die for it. Alex should be reading them now.

Before I could reach the floor after climbing the staircase, a loud gunshot echoed in my ears.

"Hello there asshole. Long time no see after what you did to my fvckin' face." Brent's taunting voice appeared. He's there in front of me, fifteen feet away from me.

His face is covered with bondage and his eyes are bulging. His face is still suffering from my punch during that time when he attempted to rape my woman. Just thinking about it made my blood boil.

"Where are Takeru's papers?" He asked, pointing his gun at me.

"I burned them. I know that you're not just after Alex, you are also after Takeru's connection about the mafia across the globe." I replied, pulling out my gun and point it back at him.

He chuckled and smiled devilishly, approaching my slowly.

"You burned them? I'm sure you have a copy of them and I should have calculated that you gave them to my beloved Alex. How is she anyway?" He asked, grinning like a maniac.

I gripped my fist. He doesn't have the right to say something like that to Alex after trying to force himself to her. My anger towards this bastard is burning up.

"You will never have her or anything involving Takeru. You are a greedy and manipulative bastard. A broken face won't be enough to make you pay." I pulled the trigger of my gun but he quickly shot me on my right shoulder. My bullet landed on one of his legs.

"This is where you meet your end Roberto. Go die!" He yelled, non-stop shooting me but I quickly hide behind a wall. I can't shoot back because his gun never runs out of bullet.

Unfortunately, I used the last bullet of my caliber on his leg so I have no choice now but to fight.

"Come out asshole. Are you scared?" He yelled.

I didn't reply. My shoulder is bleeding but this is nothing compared last time.

"Now I'm out of bullets. Just come out and fight me like a real man!" The gunshots finally stopped and it's my cue to come out.

Before I could show myself to him, he hits my head with his empty gun. I can feel my vision going blurry as blood rolls down my temples. I let a grunt come out as I elbow his stomach multiple times. He quickly punches my belly which is a good thing. I quickly locked his hand on my belly and break it. I can hear the bones cracking and his grunts echoed in the place.

I thought I already won but he kicks my legs, making me fall on the ground. He wrapped his bleeding leg around my neck, choking me.

"You asshole! Just die!" Brent yelled, tightening his leg around my neck. I know that his leg hurt so I punch the bleeding part of his leg. He let out another grunt and let go of my neck.

"You should have keep your hands to yourself before touching my woman." I warned him, standing on my legs while gripping my bleeding shoulder. I can feel my blood oozing from my head, down between my eyes.

"Your woman huh? Aren't you stealing someone's wife? A dead's wife?" He taunted while laughing like a devil, his tongue sticking out.

"Stealing? How about you, raping someone's wife?" I taunt back as he hissed at me, annoyed. He stands up on his feet, holding a knife.

I am about to kick him but he pulls my leg, cornering me to the ground. We wrestle on the floor until he successful pinned me, sitting on top of me. He shoves the knife on my face but I quickly stopped his wrist. I should've punched him if it weren't for my bleeding shoulder, weakening me with pain.

"Bastard!" He shouts while forcing the knife on my eyes. I can feel my strength draining so I forcefully pushed the knife away, slicing my cheek, making him stumble on the other side. I think I'm showering in my own blood. I stripped down on my shirt to cover my bleeding shoulder with it.

I didn't notice the gun he just picked up after rolling away. He shower bullets over my naked body, hitting my vital organs. H-How did he...?

"Die Roberto. Just die after Takeru so I can finally have my Alex. Finally, everyone will acknowledge me as the greatest Mafia Boss." He laughs while continuously shooting me.

My body is weakening and I can feel my myself falling on the ground. I've been shot all over but he's still there alive.

"You're dying with me!" I growled, charging towards him with all the strength I have left. The knife a while back, I grip it as hard as I can and sliced his neck. Everything happened so fast and someone just entered the scene.

"Brent! Roberto!"

How disappointing. It's not Alex's voice. It's Kagome running to us, holding a gun.

I did everything I can, Alex and Takeru. This is it. Dark spots started covering my vision though my eyelids are still open.

I'm sorry, Alex...

***

Please Vote! Thank you guys☺