x. homecoming

CHAPTER TEN·

CHAPTER TEN
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

TWO WEEKS HAD PASSED since Reece's father showed up and to say Reece's homelife was hell was an understatement. She and Anne were hardly at home, they spent most of their time at Sinclair's household. On the odd times they were home it was filled with screaming and fighting, between Scarlet and Sean, Sean and Victor, and occasionally Scarlet and Victor. It was like how it used to be, and Reece didn't like it.

Reece and EJ hadn't exactly talked since that night. They were civil with each other around the halls. Waving hello, making small talk but other than that it had gone to the way it was before. She was so grateful EJ was there that night and she had told him profusely. Which he replied that he didn't mind and was glad she was okay to talk to him about it. Their relationship was getting better, or she hoped it was.

It was Homecoming day and Reece was ecstatic. Not only were dance's her favourite part of her High School experience but she'd finally be able to meet her sister's girlfriend, whom she'd apparently already met.

Reece and Josie were supposed to go together but Josie wasn't ready when Reece's date, Trent River, arrived at her house and so, with much protest, they left without her.

Reece and Trent waited in line with some of Trent's friends and their dates. There was James and Megan, Zach and Ally, Cole and Val, and a few others that she couldn't remember the names of. The guys were a part of the basketball team as well as the water polo team with EJ. Which made this even more awkward. Reece didn't know why she agreed to go with him it kind of just happened.

"Next." Mr. Mazzara said as the two walked up to him

"Two tickets for Trent Rivera," Trent said.

"Table 3, snap a picture on your way in."

Reece said a quick thank you before following Trent into the gym. "Do you want to take a picture?" she asked.

"Nah, let's just sit down."

"Yeah, yeah, pictures are lame anyway." she faked a laugh. She was clearly disappointed but she didn't tell him that. They walked over to table 3 which was not only filled with people Reece didn't know but it was on the other side of the gym where her friends were.

Ashlyn waved to her as Reece sat down. The redhead waved back, although it was noticeably a disappointed wave. Sure she could walk over to them but it seemed as though she was stuck at table 3. She didn't want to ditch Trent right after arriving at the dance and so she stayed.

♪♫ ♫♪

An hour or so had passed and Reece had not danced, or even gotten out of her seat, once. On the bright side, she saw Anne coming into the gym with someone who looked an awful lot like Josie. Reece narrowed her eyes, the person looked a little too much like Josie... "Holy shit!" she exclaimed. It was Josie. The redhead ran over to her sister and best friend as they finished taking their pictures.