The First Message

Emerging from third year memories was the first time in which everyone left with laughter. 

There was, as usual, teasing Sirius for . . . well, being himself. They especially laughed at the dumfound look on his face as his daughter rescued him on a hippogriff. While picking on Sirius was something very normal, something was out of the ordinary. 

And that was the mockery Remus received. The group found it absolutely hysterical the way Nova so easily took him down. She made it look like she wasn't even trying. 

"Alright, everyone," Nova addressed the group after looking at her watch. "I've got to head to my evening practice. I'll see you guys later. Don't burn my house down."

Within moments, she was gone. 

"'House'?" Ron mumbled with complete shock. "It's a bloody mansion."

"Speaking of, who does the house actually belong to . . .?" Draco wondered. 

"Master James," Callie, the old house elf of Potter, butted in tentatively. "In the result of your death, the house was passed down to the eldest living Potter. That means it's Master Harry and his wife's house."

"We're not married," Harry objected quietly with his face turning a brilliant red. 

***

"Now I got to hear this story!" Theo announced, completely invested in the tale James Potter was telling. 

"It was the party following the Quidditch Cup tournament in sixth year," James grinned. "Sirius got absolutely wasted!"

"James and Sirius both got wasted," Marlene butted in as she filed her nail. "I've never seen anyone consume that much alcohol. Ever."

"I was not that drunk!" James objected as he crossed his arms. 

"You asked Lily out that night," Remus butted in. 

Lily's red brows furrowed deeply. She remembers that night. It was around the time she and James had become friends. After all, he had stopped asking her out and hoped to make her see there was much more to him than a toerag. 

"Of course I did!" James grinned. "Have you seen how-"

"Dad, please don't," Harry begged, not wanting to hear the rant about how pretty his mom was. He had already heard it three times . . . and he was very much over it. It made him almost sick to his stomach. 

"Except is wasn't Lily you asked out," Remus snorted. "You were so drunk you asked me out."

"I remember that!" Dorcas laughed loudly. "'Oh, Lily, will you go on a date with me? You're beautiful red locks are so entracing! And your eyes! Emerald green . . . my favorite!'"

"Excuse me while I go vomit," Harry scrunched his face up with disgust.

"No offense," Theo interjected. "But really don't care. I want to hear about how Sirius tired getting a tree pregnant."

And so the story was told. Sirius had gotten completely wasted. His recklessness had on tripled. It was a dare given by one of the Ravenclaws. As a result, Sirius was complaining about how much his lower regions hurt for the next two weeks. 

***

Nova lied. She didn't technically have Quidditch practice. She did, however, still go to the pitch to practice. She didn't want Coach to think she was slacking off seeing as she's already missed two practices. 

She wasn't at the pitch the entire time either. She ran drills, did several laps around the pitch, and went over different maneuvers. 

Yet, once the clock his eight thirty, she left. She made an appearance at Gringotts before making her way to a law firm.