#43 Across the Country

~ Heart Attack - Trey Songz ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

I haven't seen Grey in two weeks now. He's not answering my texts or picking up my calls. Emmett hasn't heard from him either. I miss him. Not only have I been crying over my lost kid, my almost brother but Grey now too.

So much has happened in such little time. I mean in 24 hours I had a miscarriage, found out I would've had an older brother and now my parents are getting a divorce. Not to mention, Grey is God knows where with God knows who doing God knows what.

But I trust him. He wouldn't leave me if he didn't have to. Relationships are all about trust, honesty and communication. That's what works best for me and Grey at least.

"I think this is cute," Cam holds up a red dress.

Jet shakes his head. "She doesn't want to dress up. These look better." Jet holds up a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Grey's t-shirt.

I hold my hands out towards his outfit and he tosses it onto my lap. Cam smacks his arm. "We are supposed to be helping her feel like a bad bitch for dinner. Not a hobo." She mutters in a whisper but I heard every last word.

I groan under my breath. "Give me the damn dress," I mutter while holding my hand out. Cam smiles, passing me the dress.

I reluctantly get out of bed and head to the bathroom. Maybe she's right. I turn on the shower before stepping in the steaming hot water. Tonight my family and the West's are having a huge dinner.

I invited Cam since I was allowed to bring a guest. Jet is just here while we get ready. Do I know if Grey is coming? No, but he is invited. I know that for a fact. I'm not mad that he left, losing a child is hard on him too. But I just miss him and wish he would communicate with me.

I get out of the shower, drying myself down with a towel before sliding into the dark red dress. It's got a low cut, showing off some cleavage and comes down to about mid-thigh. We are going to a fancy restaurant so thankfully I'm not overdressed.

I apply makeup to my face, hoping to cover up any signs of tiredness or how I was crying. Once I'm done, I step out and head to my closet looking for a jacket. It may not be "fancy" but I still want to feel comforted so I pickout Grey's leather jacket he left here.

When I turn around, Jet wolf whistles while Cam laughs and claps. "You look amazing!" She shrieks. A small smile curls on my lips realizing how amazing my friends are.

"Thanks. We should get going." I look at Jet. He's driving us. Our parents and Elle already left. We'll probably be the last one's there.

Jet opens my bedroom door and we all walk out to the car. Luckily it's only a 25 minute drive before we're there. I sit in the back while Cam is upfront next to her... Jet. I don't know what they are if I'm being honest.

All over the place, is probably the safest answer.

"Later ladies, have fun!" Jet exclaims.

I grumble under my breath, opening the door causing him to laugh. "Bye!" I close the door as Cam kisses him goodbye. We both take a deep breath as we stare up at the restaurant.

"This night's going to be full of drama isn't it?" I mumble.

Cam takes my hand, squeezing tightly and lacing our fingers together. "Yeah, for sure. Don't worry babe. We got this," she assures. We both walk in the restaurant together, hand in hand.

We head up to the first hostess. "Prince." I tell her. She looks down at the sheet in front of her.

"No reservation."