chapter 33 | believe

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

My lips connected with his as fireflies erupted in my stomach. His lips perfectly molded with mine causing shivers to go down my spine. He put his hands around my hips drawing me closer towards him as I put my hands in his hair. He cupped my ass just as the gunshots went off.

Chase immediately pushed me into the flowers. I stumbled over from my dress and fell down on the dirt-filled ground with Chase towering over me. I groaned and he murmured, "I'm sorry."

The gunshots didn't stop going off as the ruckus became more prominent. Everyone was screaming, yelling, and crying. I looked into the gray eyes that were looking at me.

"Aren't you scared?" He asked, skeptically.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I was used to the sound of gunshots that my body didn't even flinch when I heard them. "Not around you," I replied.

His eyes flickered with some emotion but quickly vanished as his head turned to our side. He looked around as he got up and pulled out his gun from his pant. "What's going on?" I played dumb.

I needed to get away from Chase to gain information but I know he wouldn't leave me alone. I got up from the ground as I purposely moved the flowers trying to make it noticeable that we are in the flower field. Chase immediately ducked me down, "Stay down."

Gunshots flew in our direction causing him to get distracted. He shot back and I slowly took out the sharp pocket knife from my arm sleeve. I used the knife to create a slit down my dress therefore I have easier access to my gun.

"Where's the security?" I questioned. The dress was slit open, showing my bare left leg and the strap to my gun.

"Not doing their fucking job." He yelled, he ducked down as I put my hand in a fist to hide the knife. He took my other hand in his before dragging me through the flowers. My heels were long forgotten in the field and my dress was all dirty.

Once we reached the end of the flower field, we saw that most of the people had already escaped but some of them were on the ground, shot.

The whole area where the party was held looked like a complete disaster. I saw the people who were shooting with black masks on their faces.

"Go in the gray car. The driver will take you home, safely." He looked at me before looking back at the people shooting.

"Are you coming?"

"No." He glanced back at me.

"Why not?"

He ran a hand in his hair in frustration, "Can you not be stubborn for once?"

"I'm not leaving you alone," I stated.

"Are you trying to get killed?" He shouted.

"I won't," I yelled back.

"How do you know?" He questioned.

We were in the flower field arguing with each other as the gunshots went off but neither one of us cared about the gunshots going off.

"Believe me."

"I'm not taking any chances. Get your ass in the car right now." He firmly stated.

"Chase, how many times do you want me to repeat myself?"

"Firefly, can you please listen to me?" He put his hands on my hips. I looked to the side to see one of the attackers coming our way. I left my arms hanging to my side as I slowly let one hand trail down my dress. I pulled out my silencer gun from the slit I made with the pocket knife. I took the gun in my grip before pointing it to the person behind Chase.