Chapter 22: Let's Escape!

"Conny, please wake up, don't make a sound," My eyes went wide when someone woke me up from my sleep. An orange-haired girl was tapping my shoulder.

I rubbed my eyes to brush off my tardiness. "Emma?" I asked.

My eyes automatically went to Ray's bed. My mouth parted when I noticed that he's not there. I stared at Emma in confusion. "Emma..." I uttered. "Why are you here? Where is Ray?" I asked her but she quietly held on to my shoulders.

"Conny, Follow me, I will take you somewhere," Emma told me. She immediately took me in her arms and carried me. She moved at a silent pace, I don't know what is currently happening, but I think I have a hint.

I only stayed silent while hearing Emma's heartbeat. She suddenly took me outside of the orphanage and went straight to the forest. As soon as she stepped into the forest, Emma started to walk faster until she started to run.

"Emma, What's happening?" I asked her. Emma furrowed her brows but she did not answer. I felt the wind brushing to my face as we went in a certain direction. My eyes went wide when I recognized what's happening. "This... direction..." I uttered.

It can't be...

Could it be that...

Emma jumped over the fence. My heart started to beat louder while looking in the direction.

"E-Emma stop!" I told her but she ignored me to accelerate her speed. "Emma, where are we going? Why are you doing this?" I wanted to struggle with my body, but looking at her expression made me want to shut up. "Emma..."

"Everything's gonna be alright, Conny," she said with a smile but I can also see the distress on her face. "We will be going to save you." She immediately bit her lips when a tear dropped from her eyes.

She knows.

When I saw the huge wall at the border. My eyes immediately went to the two young men standing before it. Norman was holding a lamp in his hands and there was Ray who was looking in our direction with a rope in his hands.

No way!

Today is 14 and I think it's already 2 am. This is the last day that I'll be staying in this orphanage. After confessing to Ray that I'll be taking Norman's position, Ray didn't communicate with me at all. Who would've thought that this will happen?

Emma stopped running as we reached Norman and Ray. She immediately put me down and took several deep breaths. "Here, drink this," Norman immediately offered her a bottle of water.

Emma nodded her head as she thank Norman.

"W-what's happening?" I asked. I glanced at Ray who was glancing at me. "What are we doing here? Emma? Norman? Ray?"

Ray Immediately grabbed my wrist. "You will escape," he immediately replied to me. "We will escape from this place."

"What?!" I asked. I glanced at Emma who took the rope in Ray's hands. "Emma knows..." I silently uttered.

She glanced at me with a smile on her face. "Norman told me when he gets sick," she said. "Although I don't know exactly the details yet, I know that there is something wrong happening. Conny can't put herself in danger."

What did they exactly tell her?

Did they tell her about Mom?

How did she easily believe them?

"I will try to climb that wall. Norman let's go," Emma told him. Norman smiled gently at Emma before glancing at me. We stared at each other for a moment before he turned back at me. "How do we do this?" Emma asked him.