76: The Sun God 15

As a god, Apollo was highly revered in Greek mythology. He enjoyed massive popularity throughout the world.

It could even be stated that among the most well-known gods, he ranked in the top five.

What did that mean? It meant that as long as Zong Yan fought on Earth, he would harvest a steady stream of faith bonuses.

When Yun Zhong Jun had confronted the Lord of Tindalos and his many subordinates over Jiangzhou, his success depended on the regional bonus he received.

This was the reason so many Elder Gods on Earth were able to fight against Great Old Ones and even Outer Gods, sealing Great Old Ones in various places around the planet. For example, Nodens, the Lord of the Dreamlands, had been able to defeat Nyarlathotep's avatar because his popularity was so much higher than Nyarla's.

Faith was a far more powerful weapon than most people imagined.

Unfortunately, in order to stop this specific Great Old One, the Sun God had been forced to take the initiative and meet his enemy in outer space. He gave up his home field advantage.

That meant Zong Yan didn't have any bonuses. While fighting, the only power he could rely on was what came with his S-class daily disposable persona card.

In order to save as many precious seconds as he could, the Sun God transformed into a golden beam of radiance and shot out of the atmosphere at the speed of light. An instant later, he crashed directly into the region of space beyond Earth that had already begun to splinter and collapse.

Boom boom boom—

Space was disintegrating, imploding on itself.

In the airless vacuum of the universe, sound couldn't be transmitted. That meant a collision of this magnitude didn't affect the Earth and could go unnoticed.

The light of Apollo's incarnation slammed into the weakened section of space.

Behind him, the bright star of the Earth's solar system gave him strength. Golden-red flames and thermal energy converged in the god's palm, which he formed into a sphere, condensing the magnificent light and heat into a weapon.

"What about that?"

Elsewhere in outer space, a pair of evil gods were floating in the sea of stars, watching from a distance with great interest.

"It will be destroyed," the Lord of Time and Space said indifferently.

Although he couldn't see Zong Yan's present or future, he could see the future of the Earth.

Mordiggian was fated to descend on the planet. Half of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans would freeze into vast glaciers. Eddies of snowflakes would fall. The freezing conditions and black fog were so extreme they'd temporarily halt the rotation of the Earth.

The advent of the true body of a Great Old One was no laughing matter. Only an advanced planet could withstand such a thing, and the Earth was by no means advanced. It was a 4.5 billion year-old baby ball.

According to the timeline, its destruction was predestined.

Under the eyes of the all-seeing, all-knowing god, 95% of timelines contained scenarios in which the Earth was destroyed.

Mordiggian's arrival would cause Ghroth to approach the Milky Way from the other end of the universe. His grotesque song arrived with him, and every Great Old One buried on Earth woke up, destroying the planet from the inside.

It could be said that Mordiggian was the first domino to fall. After he appeared, the galaxy would be destroyed.

This described 95% of the timelines. Of the remaining five percent, one percent showed that Mordiggian suddenly felt grumpy and decided to turn around. His appearance was too brief to attract Ghroth's attention, and the Earth survived. This wasn't especially unusual. After all, whether an evil god showed up or not depended entirely on their mood, and the thousands of heads prepared by the ghouls were basically just an hors d'oeuvre as far as Mordiggian was concerned. He might decide not to lower himself for the sake of a rather paltry appetizer.