22 | Psycho

I have been waiting for this moment for so long, to be wrapped up in his arms, to have him home safely with me

I have been waiting for this moment for so long, to be wrapped up in his arms, to have him home safely with me. Tears freely fall from my eyes, not even hiding my emotions right now from anyone. I bet anyone can see right now how much I love this man right now, my Mez.

His arms tighten more around me and I soak him all up, he still smells the same. I snuggle into him more, earning a chuckle from him. Someone clears their throat, I reluctantly pull back from him and he wipes my tears instantly with the pad of his thumbs before cupping my face.

"We should all head inside." Someone says but I ignore them and look deeply into Mez's eyes and see nothing but exhaustion.

"Great idea," I murmur, intertwining my fingers with Mez and dragging him inside  — everyone else following closely behind us.

We all gathered into the living area whilst Luciano calls in some doctors to check everyone who is injured, I drag Mez to the couch and start checking over him for injuries but he grabs my wrists before signing, 'I'm fine Amore,' he smiles.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I nod and look around the room and spot my family with some injuries before my eyes land on Milos who's standing at the entryway with a frown on his face looking lost.

My eyes rake over him and take note of the injuries he's sporting, he may be the enemy's son but he did help get my family and friends to safety. Plus he helped bring my man home to me in one piece, I'll be forever grateful even if the dick did torture me at one point.

Doctors start to arrive, pushing past Milos and attending to my family. I look over to Nate who raises a brow at me before nodding in Milos's direction, giving me a look of 'are you going to do something?' I shake my head at him and sit down beside Mez who wraps an arm around me.

"I'm so fucking happy your back, I've missed you so fucking much," I whisper, snuggling into his side. I feel him kiss my temple before he leans close to my ear, "I've missed you so fucking much Amore, I love you." He whispers.

"I love you more," I whisper back.

"He's trying to leave," Vince exclaims, trying to push past Nic and Luc but my brothers aren't budging.

"Who?" I ask no one in particular.

"Milos," Luc says.

I feel Mez tense and he begins to get up but I grab his arm and shake my head at him before kissing his cheek, "I've got this," I smile and he looks torn but nods nonetheless.

I get up and everyone gets out of my way and I go after Milos who's walking down our driveway, "where are you going?" I shout, he halts and spins around.

"I shouldn't be here." He mumbles, before turning back around and continuing to leave.

I run after him, "just get inside Milos, don't make me run after you!"

He ignores me and keeps going, fucking stubborn bastard. I chase him down and as I get closer I tackle him to the ground, he grunts and I pull out a knife and spin him around and hold it to his neck.

"Get the fuck off me, Val, I'll stay somewhere else. I don't belong here, I'll help but I know your family doesn't want me here." He says, exasperated.

"It's true." I hear Luc say behind me, peering over my shoulder I find everyone standing there and staring at us. I glare at Luc before I turn back and look down at Milos.

I lean closer to him, "I don't give a fuck what they think, get your little whiny ass inside the house," I hiss.

"Fuck off, they'll kill me." He scoffs.

"I'll kill you if you don't go inside," I say, digging my knee into his side where I know he's injured and he lets out a strangled noise.

"Fuck, fine. Shit, get off me you crazy bitch!" He groans.

Getting up from him, I smile and thrust out my hand to help him up. He looks at me like I'm fucking crazy, which I can clarify I am. He places his hand in mine and I haul him up but don't let go of his hand, in case he makes a run for it.

I spot Mez who has an amused look on his face, shaking his head. We walk past him and I hear Milos mutter something about me being the devil's spawn, making Mez laugh which brings a huge smile to my face.

I've missed his laugh.

Spotting to doctors working on some of my family, I shove Milos onto one of the couches. He groans in pain before glaring at me, I send him a cheeky wink, "pussy," I mutter. He flips me off before one of the doctors comes over and checks on him.

"Val, can we talk for a second?" Luc hesitantly asks.

I turn around and face him but it's not just him, it's all my brothers including Nate. I note different expressions cast across their faces, "sure what's up?" I ask.

"Privately," Luc mumbles, looking around the room.

"Whatever you have to say, you can say it here."

"Okay fine, he can't stay here and you know this. He's Galen's son, what if he's still working for Galen and he's here to spy on us?" He says, all my brothers nodding in agreement except Nate who rolls his eyes.

"Milos, are you here to spy on us?" I ask, not looking away from my brothers.

"No, I'm here to help you kill the bastard." He grunts.

"There you go," I say to my brothers.

"Oh come on Val, he could be lying," Nic says, throwing his arm up.

"Milos, are you lying?" I ask, still not looking away from my brothers.

"Nah, I want my mafia back and the only way to do that is to kill my father," Milos says.

"Sounds good enough for me." I declare, smiling.

"You can't be fucking serious Val, he's the fucking enemy," Dom grumbles, his jaw clenching.

I take a step towards my brothers and they take a step back frowning at me, "I'm deadly fucking serious boys, he's staying at that's final. If you have a problem then you'll have to go through me, if Milos fucks us over I'll happily kill him and chop him into little pieces." I chuckle.

"Your girl is a psycho." Milos mumbles.