Chapter 47

"Ah Adham, the little wild cat ran into my arms today! Mmh how silky her hair felt. And such soft skin...! " he enthused.

"Who?"

"The Rajput Princess!"

"And? Was she willing? "Adham laughed suggestively.

"Her nephew got in the way!"

"What, the little toad?" asked Adham in disbelief.

"She ran into my arms and I pulled her into a dark corner. For a moment I was inattentive and she could scream. Unfortunately, the annoying brat was nearby and held its blade to my neck. She escaped. What should I have done?"

"You let the annoying brat duped you!" Adham laughed uproariously.

"Shut up!" He shot an angry glance at Adham, who shortly afterwards turned into desire.
"The brief moment with her fueled me even more. I have to get her! She's mine!"

Neither of them noticed that a couple of ears had been listening intently to their conversation.

________________________________________________

Dusk was falling over Agra. The night spread over the city like soft black velvet. Countless stars twinkled in the sky. The full moon began to rise. Jalal sat on a bench in the garden, from which he had a view of the pool of water where Jodha had sat the previous night. This time she wouldn't escape him! A smile played on his lips as he thought of the afternoon. He was sure she knew he'd recognized her at archery. He didn't want to miss the opportunity and meet her.

And he didn't have to wait long! Jodha walked slowly with Moti to the water basin and the two sat down. They started to speak, but he couldn't understand what she was saying. He sank into the sight of her. Her hair was loose, her dupatta had slipped onto her shoulders.

The soft lapping of the water calmed Jodha. The experience of the afternoon went through her mind again and she was overcome with disgust.

"Moti, why are men like that?" she sighed. "Why are they allowed to do anything and we women are condemned if we just look at another man?"

"Mhh, I can't give you an answer to that. Men determine everything and about us. Will that ever change?"

"Only the deities know that! But there are also men who accept their wives and recognize them as equal partners! I hope my future husband will one day accept me for who I am and not just see me as a decorative, silent addition by his side." She looked at the moon.

"Your heart knows the way
Run in that direction"

The lines suddenly formed in her mind and at the same time her hand began to tingle and the ring became warm. The familiar soothing feeling came over her and enveloped her. At the same moment, Jalal's ring began to work its magic. He smiled! He got up and walked slowly to the basin. Jodha was astonished by the lines that had formed in her mind and the simultaneous reaction of the ring. She heard footsteps and was startled.

"Jalal!" his name escaped her lips in a whisper.

"Jodha!" Their eyes met.

Moti looked from one to the other and slowly withdrew.

Their eyes sank into one another. Jalal first awoke from the magic of the moment.

"What a wonderful night. May we sit down with you Rajkumari?"

"Please! It is your garden!" she said, embarrassed, lowering her eyes. She quickly pulled the dupatta over her head.

He sat down next to her at the edge of the pool.