Chapter Seventy-Three: Am I Your Enemy?

kairoarc kung saan ebebegai ko sayo lahat bebe

-chapter seventy-three-

FINN

Will anyone ever be able to understand or know what the other person is thinking of? Kasi kasalukuyan kong iniisip kung ano ang balak ni Kairo.

They know.

Wes and Kairo knows I bear the mark of the thirteenth zodiac. Alam nila, pero bakit nila ako tinutulungan?

Wes' intentions is already confusing - he seems to follow and believe me in all forms, but he's too unreadable at times.

Si Kairo naman ang pinakanagpapagulo ng isip ko. From the first time I met him, his intentions were already hard to guess, and often times I find myself in the middle of a twist. Currently, I am pretty certain he harbors anger at me, since I am the main suspect for his brother's fiancé's death.

Out of the two, the latter was the most unlikely to help me. Sa kaniya ako may pinakamalaking kasalanan.

"What..." sambit ko. "Let this be revenge."

Kairo stepped away, brows raised. "Revenge? Showing you as the thirteenth zodiac should be my form of revenge?"

Tumango ako dahil totoo naman 'yon. An eye for an eye, ika nga nila. Death is accepted in the same manner.

"Life for life."

It won't be enough and it can't bring back the dead, but it would bring satisfaction, no matter how temporary.

"I don't disagree with that, but simply handing you over won't be enough." Kairo leaned forward. "I have something else prepared for you."

Hindi ko inalis ang titig sa kaniya. Nor did I move even with the close proximity. Kairo's eyes flickered down to my mouth, before easing back and clearing his throat.

"Shouting you have the mark is far too lame. I have plans. For you, dear sparrow. And now, you owe me again." tinapik niya ako sa balikat bago naglakad paalis at sumigaw, "Are you sure the thirteenth zodiac is here, Marcella? Paano kung napatay na siya doon sa grupo na umatake sa Leo?"

Sinundan ko siya ng tingin. Just what is he planning? He could have ended things here already, but why would he prefer to prolong it? For a slow torture?

I remembered those eyes back then. They were full of anger and grief that I thought he'd kill me the next time we cross paths. I never expected the two of us to have a civil conversation, nor did I expect him to spare my life.